We Run For Our Lives

We all fired off questions, but Jorge just grabbed his head and shouted at us to shut up. "My head is already killing me! I don't need your yapping to make it any worse." Thomas looked thunderstruck as he stood staring at him quietly. He was probably pissed off that Teresa had left us, along with the rest of their friends.

"Are you sure it was the others?" Brenda asked calmly. Jorge gave her an Are you crazy look.

"Of course I know what those damn kids look like. It wasn't no shitty Cranks I'll tell you that." He grabbed at his head again and groaned a little.

"They left us." Thomas finally managed to spit out. "They just left us to W.I.C.K.E.D." Brenda gave him a sympathetic look, touching his shoulder.

"I'm sure they tried looking for you guys. Right?" She looked to me as if to confirm her theory. I shrugged.

"It doesn't seem likely that Teresa would just leave you Thomas. We all seemed to escape around the same time those alarms went off." I told him. Thomas didn't look so convinced though. Jorge scoffed.

"This kids were fuckin crazy." He muttered.

"Just tell us what happened." Raven said with a small glare. Jorge rolled his eyes and sat down on the crates at Brenda's urging while she began to look at his head.

"The fricken alarms start blaring and suddenly people are shouting over the coms and there's several loud blasts and then those door blows open." He gestures to a different entrance to the far right. How had we not noticed that before? There's a giant hole in the wall. "And Teresa and the rest of your friends storm this place, dragging around Old Andy, a pilot. Shots are fired, I'm trying to get them to calm down and tell me what's happening but some Asian looking girl with dark hair hits me with the butt of her rifle and I pass out."

"Silla." Ashoka says excitedly. I smile at her.

"Why would they escape?" Aris asks suddenly. "Teresa has been.." he pauses, glancing at Thomas before continuing. "She's been W.I.C.K.E.D's little pet, following every damn order they give her. Why would she want to leave?"

"The Swipe." I say suddenly. They all look towards me. "They remember everything. Maybe Teresa convinced everyone that they were better off without W.I.C.K.E.D." I shrugged s little.

"And are we?" Minho demands of me. "You and that other little Nark are the only ones who understand what's going on. You said we aren't safe here. Is that true."

"Of course it's true." I insist. "It's not safe here. They want to start up the trials again, bring in another batch of people if necessary." Brenda nods and in the most serious voice says,

"They think all you subjects are expendable." Minho glares at her, balling his fists.

"Call us subjects again and I'll punch you in the face."

"Punch her and I'll follow through on my threat inthe Scorch boy." Jorge snaps at him. Brenda just rolls her eyes as Newt grabs Minho's bicep and pulls him back a little, towards Thomas.

"Okay, stop the shouting match. Let's just escape, like we panned to. We've done enough standing around and talking."

"Yeah, it's making me nervous just being here." Raven mutters.