A Second Bad Idea

"You let him do what?" Minho demanded. "I knew he had a death wish but this is fucking crazy!" I shook my head as Minho paced back and forth in front of me. The rest of our friends, Harriet, the girls from group B and Teresa were all gathered around, listening to mine and Brenda's story. The Right Arm meanwhile, was getting ready to explain everything to the rest of the Munies in the room, getting volunteers to be the decoys while the rest of us stormed the building.

"It was his decision. Not ours. They wanted Thomas and the Right Arm needed someone to enable their device." Brenda said earnestly.

"It's done Minho. We'll see Thomas soon we just have to get everyone ready and moving. We can't let him be alone with W.I.C.K.E.D for too long. Especially since we don't know anything about this Final Candidate business." I glanced towards Teresa but she merely shook her head. I guess she really didn't know anything about it.

"They're flying the other Berg they have out here and filling it with everyone who volunteers to be decoys, as well as people from the Right Arm, but we need to get Jorge back to his Berg so everyone else can board that one and fight their way through W.I.C.K.E.D on the other end." Brenda said, starting up the explanation again.

"How are people going to board the Berg with all those Cranks outside?" Aris asked. I pointed up.

"The roof. They'll hover just about this building and let people board that way. First things first though, Jorge needs to get his Berg back. There's a car waiting to take him and Brenda back to it."

"How do we know you'll come back?" Harriet asked. I understood why she was suspicious of them, she didn't really know them but I trusted that they would come back.

"We will. We want to get rid of W.I.C.K.E.D just as much as you all do." Jorge said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"It'll be easier for only the two of them and the driver to get back to where the Berg is." I interrupted, trying to ease the tension. Gally and Vince were trying to clam the crowd. Their big speech was about to commence. "You two need to go now, the rest of us will stay and help the Right Arm as best we can." Brenda and Jorge nodded before heading off with the women who took us here, Connie.

"So what now?" Ashoka asked.

"Well, does anyone want to volunteer to go back to W.I.C.K.E.D? Or are we all planning on fighting." Nobody spoke up otherwise and I nodded. "Good, I'll show you all to the stairs then." I lined up our friends with the Right Arm soldiers so they could all usher everyone in the right direction. Everyone was spaced out since the building was kind of long and the stairs were pretty tall but if everyone just followed whoever was in front of them, things would go smoothly. I kept Minho with me until the end, where we would be helping people climb ladders up into the Berg.

The Right Arm had already destroyed the fire escape stairs of this building so if any Cranks got any bright ideas, about trying to scale the building to kill us, they had their work cut out for them. The Berg was already circling the sky, waiting for people to board and as Minho and I waited, I heard him laugh a little. "What?"

"You were acting like a pretty damn good leader." I shrugged.

"Maybe I'll give you a few tips. Your leadership skills are a bit lacking." He scoffed.

"As if princess." He paused, picking up a stone and chucking it off the roof. "Do you think this plan will work?" I shrugged. "It's pretty reckless to try and destroy the whole building."

"It's old. It should come down fairly easy."

"That's not what I meant. We could get trapped in there, crushed by rubble."