4.That UNACCEPTABLE NOISE

One of her senior friends always said, never let anyone think they scared you. Well even if you are scared of them, you should never let it show. Anika strodded out of her room. Her mind still on last night's events. She had decided with great determination that she was going to show that arrogant man that she didn't give a heck to his threats.

As she descended down the stairs she caught sight of the mansion. She sucked in her breath. The sun was just rising and Oberois mansion was streaked in glorious golden Orange shine, as the morning rays poured in thorough the huge windows. She sighed, what a beauty this place was.

There was no sign of any of the Oberios, well she didn't expect anyone to be awake either. She herself was a late riser. It was just that she was tired of rolling around, in her clump of blankets waiting for sleep to find her. She had been waiting till the sun rose and she was still waiting. But it looked like the jet lag had firmly decided to stay with her for a while.

Back in the States every morning was a routine battle. She and her bed in one army while her roomie in the opposing army. It was a great victory for her roommate to pull her out of her bed and into her senses so that she wouldn't be late for her classes.

Anika smiled slightly, she missed Sarah, her American roommate. They had clicked together the second they introduced themselves one the first day. She wanted to call her as soon as she reached, but she hadn't even have the time to unpack last night.

Suddenly her face clouded, the mere thought of last night's encounter set her blood boiling. Her hand curled into a tight fist. She had to pay him back, and she would at any cost. She narrowed her eyes as her mind automatically zoned into war mode.

She scanned the area looking for anything that would give her an idea. A small clink echoed through the silent living room and her head snapped towards it. Making her way slowly to the kitchen she followed the sound.

With white dough up to her elbows, a short girl, about Anika's age stood at the Oberois kitchen counter kneading the dough with great effort. Anika looked on, amused. For a girl of her height, reaching the high marble counter it self looked like a challenge. But with strands of dough dosed hair falling on her face, she kept up her work, switching her legs to take turn standing on her tip toes.

Anika smiled and looked around, seeing a small stool at a corner she walked softly to the girl with the stool and placed it with a soft thud beside her. The short girl seemed to be startled at the sudden movement and looked up in beliwerement.

Her eyes turned as big as a pair of saucers as she saw Anika standing behind.
"mame ...Saab!" she stuttered whipping her hands against her already soiled apron " d..Id you wa..nt someth..ing? Y..ou could haa..ve just cal...led out"

Anika shook her head and pointed at the stool. "Get on the stool"

"pardon mam?" if her eyes were as big as saucers before, they enlarged as big as plates now.

" You heard me! Get on the stool"

" BB..ut ma'am...."

" No buts!" Anika cut her giving her a stern look, working hard to hold her laugh at the girls shock.

Bowing her head the short girl carefully placed the stool in from of the counter and clambered on it, all the while looking down.

Anika watched amused, she was right, standing on the stool really did bring an improvement. Her elbows were above the counter and it looked comfortable.

" Is this better?" She asked patting her lightly on her back. The girl slowly looked up realization clearly evident in her warm brown eyes. A small smiled creeped on her sunburnt cheeks.