34. Will you be my wife?

The suite was huge, with white flowery curtains, and a huge queen sized bed, strewn with rose petals, and heart shaped pillows all over it. Outside the huge balcony, the afternoon sun of Dubai, bounced off the expensive marble tiles, adding more shine to the already glowing room.

Simply put, the suite looked as if it had been taken straight out of the pages of a romantic novel. The only problem with that was: both the people standing inside the suite were not even close to the letter 'r' in the word romantic.

" Really? Ram Leela?" Shivaay bit out, through clenched teeth, the second the door closed behind the porter who bought up their bags.
Anika shrugged innocently, slipping off her coat and looking around, not meeting his furious eyes " told ya, it had a good ring to it"
" Which part of 'try to fit in' manged to fly over your empty pot head?"
" The same part where you decided to force me into this thing without my permission" she shot back, fixing him with a cold stare.
He sighed, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose with his fingers " you are really pushing me on an edge here"
" Oh." She paused looking at him " am I Raaaaaaaammmm!?!!" She cooed out, grinning widely.
He narrowed his eyes "Call me that one more tim..."
" Raaaaammmmmmmm" Ha! Payback time! This was way more fun than she thought.
" Stop it " he growled, a low warning.
" Stop what?" She smirked" calling you by the name I like? Why? aren't I your wife? And isn't it a wife's right to lovingly tease her hubby? Hmm Ram?"
He moved so fast, that suddenly he was towering over her. Her grin wiped away, as she staggered back, beliwered by their sudden proximity, " do you know" he murmured, slowly leaning towards her " what else is a wife's right?"
She backed away further, but he moved with her, " no I don't know wh-at yo-u are talki-ng about"
Damn the stutter! That didn't come out as bravely as she wanted it too. She stared at him, his dark, sea-coloured eyes reeling her in.
" I expect you do know what a wife's job is as much as you seem to know a wife's rights?" He moved in, closer than he already was. Close enough for her to feel the heat of his skin and her heart stopped.
" Well then" he bent down, until she could feel the hard muscles of his chest press against hers, " maybe I should take this opportunity to enlighten you about it "
Anika felt her legs turn to jelly, and how the heck was he able to have this conversation without even a stutter while she was going to faint any second now?!!!
" What do you think Ms. Sharma aka Leela Malhotra, do the newly weds do in a huge honeymoon suite?"
She looked down, away from his smouldering gaze " no. I have no idea what you are talking about"
He went for her. She didn't even see it coming when his arms were around her in a millisecond, caging her against him.
She gasped, her hands flying around his neck. Without breaking his gaze, he leaned in, and Anika closed her eyes, she felt his breath on her cheeks as he moved in. His rough beard rubbed against her skin and her breath hitched in her throat. " A lot of things Ms. Sharma" he whispered into her ear.
He leaned back, but his arms tightening around her " now let's get some things cleared out" he said his voice soft and velvety, "you are going to behave like a true bussiness man's wife and make sure not even a blind man can see through your act. I don't care what you think but for these ten days you.are mine."
"No!"
He pulled her harder against him "yes!"
"N-"
Before she could finish her denial, his finger was at her lip, cool, hard, implacable.
" Think very carefully Ms. Sharma" there was a distinct note of threat in his voice, that sent a shiver of mingeled fear and excitement down her spine "think of the medical camp, of your word to me, and of everything you are standing here for. Think about it all before you answer"
She stared at him for a whole second, before she nodded slowly " well then" he leaned in further, his lips almost brushing against hers, she could hardly breath. " What will your answer be? Will you be my wife?"
" Yes" the answer was out of her mouth even before she had begun to think about it, she stood there, dazed.
Oh.my.bloddy.god. how did that just come out of her mouth! And most importantly. Why!?
"Adequate" with a cool nod, Shivaay stepped back again, the pseudo- romantic tension in the air, bursting a bubble, leaving her rattled. " Now that this is sorted, we can discuss other details"
" D-details?"
Reaching up he stroked his chin " yes. Details"
Damn him! How did he manage to keep his voice so bussiness-like while her's was ready to break any minute now?!
" Get your stuff unpacked and meet me down in ten. We will discuss the whereabouts of our expedition over lunch"
She gaped at him, uncertain to wether to pick up the vase sitting on the bedside table and smash it over his rock hard head, or to just get the job done with a punch.
" Oh and before I forget" he said turning around abruptly. She held her breath, as he walked up to her " don't keep me waiting Mrs.Malhotra" he said, and reached up, slipping a ring on her left hand.