30. His Place

Ab thak ki kahani:

Priyanka and Arjun come out of ritika's place, having saved her from suicide. And on their way back to the office they get hit my an unknown black SUV and three men. With luck they save themselves.
On the other hand, Anika goes to Shivaay to ask for donation for a medical camp and he agrees only on a condition that she stays with him for ten days and does whatever she has been told.

Ab aage:

Darkness. Everywhere she looked there was darkness. And something was burning in that darkness. Something vivid and strong. It flooded around her, plugging her throat, making even a breath hard to escape.  She twisted trying to get away from the clawing darkness, but the faster she moved the more tangled she got. It wound around her like creepers of a tree,  trapping her in its twists.

Something moved then, among the dark flames. It came towards her, and it came rapidly. A loud horn blared and sudden light flooded through the tangles, blinding her. She held up her hand sheilding her eyes from the searing light. And from the gaps of her fingers she saw a black SUV, barreling at her, with no intention to stop.

Cold fear plunged into her chest and Priyanka bolted up, a blood curling scream ripping from her throat.
Sweat drenched her face and she placed a trembling hand over her hammering heart.

She felt a presence beside her and without thinking she turned, pressing her face into a hard shoulder. She inhaled shakily, a waft of strong scent, that was growing alarmingly familiar to her, wrapped her in a comforting embrace.

"It's fine. I got you. It's alright" he murmured, his voice so soft, it almost felt as if it was a part of the night. His palm patted softly against her back, calming her down.

Priyanka sighed, her mind slowly unwinding. It was just a nightmare. It was over now. Both of them were fine.

Arjun moved, gently pushing her away to peer at her face. She looked down, her breath coming out in low pants. " Hey" he said, and she looked up, meeting his eyes for the first time.

Warm midnight eyes stared intently at her "You are safe now" he said, his hands holding onto her shoulders lightly " No one will ever lay a hand on you, while am around."

She nodded, slowly, after a moment, not taking her eyes off him. He held onto her gaze for a second longer before he got up.

Priyanka squinted at him, as the distance made her vision suddenly blurry. Arjun pursed his lips looking at her pinched face "You are going to have to be blind for a few days now, until we find you a pair of new glasses" he said.

She frowned, looked around, she could make out blurry shape of furniture and a bed. "Where are we?" She croaked, her voice coming out raspy.

"My place" he replied.

Her brows snapped together looking at him questiongly.

"Uhhh. You sorta fell asleep on the way back home, so I just thought I would let you crash here for awhile"
Her jaw slacked "Please tell me you are kidding."

He cocked an eyebrow lazily at her  "What is there to kid about?"

She gwaked at him for a split second before deciding her expression was lost on him. He was just not getting the seriousness of the situation.

"I gotta go" she sighed, throwing her legs over the edge of the bed. "What time is it?"

"Three"

"Three in the afternoon? Great. I still got an hour to catch the bus home" she mumbled, stretching her arms, feeling a dull ache all over her body.

"Babe it's 3am"