44. Villain

The shot pierced through the night. Shiva jerked out of bed, pulling Anika with him. He was aware of her hands tightly wound around him, when their door burst open.

Bright light shone and their once dark room was now thrown in a chaos of light. Heavy boots stepped in. Anika squinted, holding up a hand, shielding the light from her face.

“well well…what do we have here?” a raspy voice filled the silence. Anika could make out the shapes of men, about five of them. But a uneasy twist of her gut told her there were more of them.

A well built man slowly walked forward and she felt Shivaay stiffen next to her. “ a slimy business man comes all the way to Dubai, tracking me and poking around my business and you thought I wouldn’t know?”

He chuckled, a low dangerous sound that sent chills down Anika’s spine.
Shivaay stood up, pulling Anika with him. The lights in room were suddenly switched on. Anika squinted, getting a look at their intruders.

A well dressed man, with a black beard and scary glint in his eyes, smiled crookedly at them. His men, lurked dangerously behind him in the shadows.

The man in the coat walked forward, casually lighting a cigar. He took a deep puff and blew out a gust of smoke. Anika struggled to suppress her cough.

“ Am Shoaib” he took another puff. “ Shoaib Ibrahim, nice to meet you….err” he scratched his beard thoughtfully “ Mr. Malhotra I suppose?”

Shivaay was like a stone beside her. His blank and void of any emotion. But she could see his jaw clenched. Anika eyed Shoaib and his men, her heart thudding in her chest. Where the hell was that huge Sardar when they needed him the most?

Shoaib held out his hand to Shivaay “ got to admit, no one has come this close to tracking me down. You’ve got something in you haven’t you?”

Shivaay didn’t bother to even look at his out stretched hand, he just “ well, someone’s got to do the job”

His smile wavered and his hand dropped, “ and you must be his darling wife, I’ve heard so much about” he gushed, turning to Anika.

Anika cringed, pressing herself closer to Shivaay. Shivaay moved, positioning himself, so that she was pushed a bit behind his back.

“ am sorry Mr. Malhotra am afraid your adventures will be stopped right here” he announced,“ funny how a big man like you has come alone”

Shivaay smirked “ am more than enough to handle you”

Shoaib's face clouded and this time his smile did not reappear. Anika clutched Shivaay’s hand in low warning.

Did he not do the math? There were two of them and probably a hundred of them, armed. And what did they have?! Bedsheets?!

He stepped up to Shivaay, glaring at him furiously “ you think you can take me on? You think you can walk in here…into an empire that I built and just take my stuff?”

Shivaay lifted his chin, coolly, the answer clearly evident to everyone in the room, even with a built body Shivaay still pegged a few inches, towering over him.

The crowd behind Shoaib, shuffled, uneasiness settling upon them. Shoaib's glare darkened.

“ I’ve come this far? And you still think I can’t take my goods from you?”

Shoaib shook his head “ look…. Let’s talk business eh?” he pulled the cigar, out of his mouth. One his men pulled up a chair. Shoaib sat down, crossing his legs.

Anika raised an eyebrow. By the looks of it, his man was going to have it bad. Such attitude? And that too in front of the Shivaay Singh Oberio?

“ You are a business man, and according to my information, a  pretty wealthy one, so what has some petty goods got to do with you?”

“ those goods are mine.” He snapped, his voice cutting like ice “ I worked day and night to get where I am. It’s my hard earned money and no one has the right to even take a scratch of it from me. No one!”

Shoaib sighed “ this is not working” he muttered under his breath “ look last chance. I’ll make you a deal, leave your goods with me and forget all of this ever happened and I’ll make sure none of my men touch you and your wife”

A low growl rumbled and Shivaay stepped forward “how about I’ll make you a deal? Give me back my goods and I’ll forget I’ve ever met you”

Suddenly there was a hard thwack! It took Anika a second to realize what happened.

Everything, moved in slow motion, Anika’s scream ripped into the dark night, Shivaay slumped, his knees hitting the ground before his head followed.

“ you want to take my goods? Mine?!!??” he yelled, his face twisting in rage “ the things I steal are the closest thing I treasure, and you want to take them away from me?” he sneered.

He reached down, roughly grabbing Shivaay’s still face “ watch while I take away your treasure! Grab her!” he yelled over his shoulder.

Blood pounded in her ears. Her screams turned into violent struggles as she was ripped away from him.

Nothing seemed to make sense, her vision was blurred, her ears ringing. Why couldn’t she see? Why was it so blurry?! She reached up to her eyes and felt them wet.  She reached up hurriedly rubbing the wetness from her eyes, desperate to see him. She needed to see him.

She struggled as the hands around her tightened, digging into her skin like claws.

“ what? You silent now?” Shoaib nudged him with his foot. A sob escaped from Anika.

“ you wanted to take my goods eh?” he laughed, throwing his head back “ am taking away your wife, try to find her and then we’ll talk” he peered at him “ that is if you are able to survive”

He whipped around “ shall we then?” he grinned at Anika.

Two men grabbed Anika and tugged. she struggled her body too weak to fight “ Shivaay!” She sobbed, her scream coming out as a terrified whisper.

What neither of them saw, as they turned to leave, was Shivaay stirring. He watched through bloodied eyes as Anika was dragged away.

A/N: hey guys,
          How are you doing? Sorry for the delay (For reasons as always 😅)

So, who do you want to see in the next update? Let us know.

Enjoy the chapter. Please don't forget to click the star button below and stay tuned!!

Yours
Trushnamallipudi ❤