28. Their First Dance Class

Ab thak ki kahani: Omkara rents a studio to work on his paintings, and in a mixture of series ends up sharing it with a loud music playing, badass dancer, who also happened to be a girl- krish. One thing leads to another  and he ends up making a deal with her. He is going to be her partner and help her win a dance competition while she agrees to let him paint her as one of his masterpieces.

Om panted heavily and looked at his watch. But no matter how much he wished it would turn to five ‘o clock, it still read an hour till.

“OK let’s go over it again” Krish called, Om groaned, dropping onto the wooden floor, of his studio. They’ve been dancing for over an hour and he was hating every second of it.

Ask him to tell someone his shayaris. No problem! he would’ve had that person completely  mesmerized, with his words. But dancing?! Dancing was the least one of his capabilities and for the past hour his aching muscles have been a constant reminder of how he should’ve turned down this bloody deal.

“Common” Krish nudged him with her knee.

“Gimme a break!” he groaned.

“You've been at break for almost fifteen minutes, now get up we need to practice another step”

“I can’t do this!” he cried rubbing his aching shoulder.

Krish sighed “Sorry man. A deal's a deal.” She looked almost sympathetically at him “it's gonna be hard only at the beginning but you will get better at it. You just have to practice”

Om sighed and stood up, wobbling to her.

“OK so for this next step” she began,  "I twirl around to you and you grab me by my hips and pull me to you. Got it?”

Omkara blinked, listening to her intently “Am sorry what?” he asked
“Grab my waist and pull me to you” she repeated.

Omkara's eyes flitted to her waist. She was wearing a white crop top that cut off a few inches below her chest leaving her entire waist uncovered.

“Alright? Let’s start?” she said getting into position.

“No wait!”

“What?” she paused.

“I don’t like the step let’s change it.”
She raised an eyebrow “You don’t like the step?” she repeated.

Om nodded. She gave him a once-over “Am sorry, but remind me why you get to have a say in this again?” her tone dripped with venomous sweetness.

Om shrugged “Maybe because am the one who has to learn those steps?”

She squinted her eyes at him “Listen to me. Because am only going to say this once” her voice dipped down several vocals. “you will do exactly as I say cause its my dance routine and if anyone is going to decide the steps then it’s going to be me and me alone. I promised I would do as you say and you promised too! Now stick to the deal!”

“Put your arm around me, now” she ordered. Omkara crossed his arms across his chest and glared at her stubbornly “No” he said.

“Common dude!” She cried, throwing up her hands in expiration. “it’s just one move and it’s so easy! all you have to do is pull me to you by my waist! Why do you want make it so difficult?”

Om shook his head. Krish fumed her face clouding darkly, she suddenly reached up and shoved him hard against his chest. Omkara stumbled back in surprise “Why won’t you do it huh?” she shoved him again.

“Stop” he warned.

“No, tell me why you want to be such a stubborn ass all the fucking time!” she shoved him again, paying no heed to his warning.