18. Not For Sale!!!

A/N: Hey guys,

       So here we are, giving you another chapter. I know we’re are later than we promised we would be but… (hahaha nervous chuckling) you guys should probably get used to our apologies by now. We would like to talk about something today, see we are actually students. And trust me when I say it’s not easy to squeeze in time for a novel. It’s just that it’s something we like to do and also feel you guys enjoy our work. But when we see the amount of views and votes, it sort of pulls us down. See, all you have to do is click the little star button on the bottom to vote. Each and every one of your vote is important to us. Encourages us to write more and update faster.
    And our plot is something entirely different. We are only borrowing the characters from  ishqbaaz, while our love scenes, plot and everything else is entirely new. So please be patient and let us unravel the story.

Sorry for the long blabbing. We are gonna stop now.Please don’t forget to vote.

Omkara raked his fingers through his soft curls, letting wisps of them caress his face softly in the chilly morning breeze, of his studio. He sipped his coffee, but it’s usual comforting taste did nothing to soothe his nerves, this morning.

Heaving a sigh, he glanced at his watch for the untempt time, since the past hour he had arrived.

He hadn’t bothered to set up his canvas today, cause he was here on a mission. Well it was more likely a suicide mission. He was going to ask Krish if he could paint her.

He knew it was going to be a long shot, her answer would either end up with him leaving the studio or her banging the door and storming out. But then again, there was no harm in trying right?

He pursed his lips and watched the door again. The more he waited the more agitated he became. Om was always the calm one. Known always to hold his shit together no matter how tensed the situation was.

But now, just asking a girl to pose for him seemed like the most nerve wrecking job he ever had to do. He sipped his coffee, and almost chocked on it as the door suddenly burst open and Krish sauntered in.

Her high heeled boots clicking loudly against the polished floor. Monstrous speakers tucked carefully under her arm, she trudged to her usual spot and plopped down, letting out a heavy wheeze.

Om looked at her, startled by her sudden presence. He was waiting for her. But he wouldn’t have mind if she had taken a bit longer to arrive. It would’ve given him some time to collect his thoughts. But with her here, his mind suddenly seemed to freeze.

Her eyes flickered to him once and he quickly looked away, gulping a big sip. He winced as the hot liquid scorched his lips and throat.

He cast a side along glance from the corner of his eye, and breathed a sigh of relief seeing her immersed in her phone. Taking a determined breath, he straightened, setting his cup down, he started towards her trying to his best to ignore the sickening feeling that twisted his gut queasily, with every step he took.

He halted right in front of her. She continued to tap away on her phone, completely unaware.

After waiting for an awkward second, Om cleared his throat loudly and her head snapped up. He steeled himself mentally as he watched her surprise morph into a frown.

“Could I talk to you?” he asked, trying very hard to keep the nervousness out of his tone. She cocked an eyebrow in response.

He coughed awkwardly and stuffed his hands into his pockets. “Look I know we got off with a rough start but I need a favor” he jumped right to the point.