43. The D day

AB TAK: When the college's ultimate bully Rocky, blackmails Sowmu with pictures of her best friend. She turns to the only person she trusts. Rudra. Together they hitch a plan to get the photos before she has to kiss Rocky in front of the whole college. But how far will Sowmu go, when the stakes are too high.

AB AAGE:
“Pickuppickuppickup” Sowmu’s feet tipper tapered the floor as her call got declined again.

She ran her hand across her sweaty forehead, scanning the busy corridors, where the hell was he!? This was the D day.

This was the day they were going to get those photos from Rocky, and if possible save Maya from days of mental torture.

“ hey Sowmu, won't you be coming? The class is about to start” a friend greeted her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

Sowmu gave her a tight smile “ Ya .. am just waiting for someone” the girl nodded and walked in.

Sowmu checked her watch. Five minutes to nine. The deadline that rocky had given her to complete her task was at nine ten. And there was still no sign of Rudra.

She fiddled with the strap of her bag. She was this close to loosing her cool. He had assured her that he would get the photos wherever Rocky had hidden them before she had to kiss him. But until now he hadn’t replied to her messages or picked up her calls.

What was she doing with a guy like him. She exhaled, a ragged breath. The final bell rang signaling all the students to go to their classes.

Casting one last longing look at the empty corridors, Sowmu sighed. It looked like she was on this on her own. With or without him. She had to do it for Maya. Keeping her face blank she walked in.

The class was busy, everyone doing their own thing.

Everyone except him.

Her eyes met his as soon she entered. Rocky’s eyes lit up in recognition, a smirk making its way to his face. She gritted her teeth, how bad she wanted to punch that smirk off his face so hard that he would fall off from the bench he was perched on.

‘You can do this’ she told herself, forcing herself into steps towards him. ‘ you are Maya’s last chance’ she reminded herself, her best friend’s face flashing before her eyes.

She speeded up, closing the distance between them. His friends looked up curiously and rocky just raised his eyebrows knowing everything too well.

“ hey” she murmured, her voice barely a whisper. She looked at him, he cocked his head to the side smiling at her. She felt her stomach twist in warning.

“ sup babe…lost your way?” her jaw worked angrily. “ can we talk?”

Some of his friends frowned at her in surprise, it wasn’t everyday that a girl would walk into her own doom. “ ya we can talk…what do you wanna talk about?” he pretended.

What an asshole. He wanted to make it look like she was doing this all on her own. what a bastard!

“I’ve been…be..en wanting to do something for a while” she stuttered her hand clutching her bag tightly to her body as her only support.

He jumped from his place, lurching too close to her. Sowmu hurried a few steps back bewildered. God Rudra where are you?

   ‘yes?” he breathed, her stomach lurched feeling his breath in a heavy stench fan her face. She took a step back.

“ I uh… have been wanted to tell you..uh that..I’ve had this…thing” she struggled to get her fake confession out.

“yes? Get on with it” he smiled, but impatience was clear in his eyes.

God she was going to hell. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes “ I like you Rocky!” she blurted out. She opened her eyes slowly, the sudden silence around them weighed down on her shoulders.  She could feel literally everyone’s eyes burning holes through her skin.

“ you like me huh?” he smirked, bringing her attention forcefully upon himself.

She fisted her hands, sweat dampening her neck. She had to do this. She just had to. Sending out a last silent plea of help she moved in, closing her eyes.

Her heart thudded painfully against her ribs. Just when she thought their lips would meet, a hand shoved her back. Sowmu’s eyes flew open, shock rooting her to place.

“ eww did you just try to kiss me?” he yelled, making sure every single person in the room could hear.

Her head reeled, breaths coming out in short pants. She knew this would happen. How was she so blind to see it. How did even think that all he wanted was her to kiss him in front of everyone. He was a rouge. A heartless animal. How was she so stupid to fall for it.

“ what kind girl are you? He continued pulling the most disgusted expression he could muster.

“ how could you throw yourself  at any man? Do you usually do this? Huh?” he pressed, “ you like doing stuff like this? Throwing yourself on men eh?’ Sowmu staggered back “ do you make them pay? Huh how much do you charge?”

His friends snickered behind him.

Tears stung her eyes. Don’t cry Sowmu. Don’t you dare. Don’t let him see how much it hurts. She could feel people snapping out their phones. Trying to film what was going on. Who did not love drama.

“ how much?”

She looked away, pressing her lips into a tight line. Taking a deep breath. “ but wait” he stopped “ who would even kiss a fat ass like you?”

The dam broke. Her throat tightened and hot tears gushed down her face. Her body quivered, her shoulders sagging in misery.

What did she ever do to deserve this? She looked up, his laughing face coming into her blurry vision. Suddenly she felt a hand grab her elbow and spun her around.

Rudra stood there, his eyes steely and cold. He looked over her head straight at Rocky and then back at her. She had a second to breathe before he bent down pressing his lips to her’s without another word.
************************************

A/N: Hola guys,
         We are trying to be as punctual as possible. It's a high time for our academics as well as our book. We are giving our the best for this story and it will only succeed when your support is with us.

We had some regular followers inspite of our delays. But we would be more happy if we could get some more applause.

And thus we have come up with an idea. We decided to post two times a week from now but chapters would be short. If you like this idea, give it a thumbs up in the comments and let us know. If not we would be back to our regular pattern.

Thank you for all the support and love. Press the star below and don't forget to comment.

Yours
Trushnamallipudi ❤