41. Alfunduq

The party was on full swing, couples and ladies huddled together, drowning in laughter and wine.

Anika jostled her way, hurrying to not loose sight of Shivaay. He was easy to spot anyway, with his hard grim walk, he twisted through the sea of people, and slipped through the back door.

The door closed shut behind her as she stepped out after him, into the chilly night. She looked up just in time to see him disappear around a corner. She shivered and clutching her sari she followed him.

They were on the back side of the grand hotel. It was foggy and deserted, a stark comparison to the warm atmosphere inside. She walked along the wall, making sure to stay hidden in the shadows.

She halted rounding the corner and frowned. It was empty. There was no sign of him. She looked around, her eyes searching the dark surroundings carefully.

Where was he? Did he just disappear into thin air? She took a small step forward, an eerie feeling twisting her gut.

Maybe she should just head back. She sighed and turned around, but before she could take another step. A hand, gripped her out of the dark and pulled her sharply. Her shriek was cut short by a warm hand clamping onto her mouth, her back pressed between a cold wall and a warm body.

She struggled, her heart hammering in her chest. Warm lips pressed to ear and she flinched away.

" how come, I find you doing everything tell you not to?" a husky voice rasped in her ear.

She stopped struggling. She took a deep breath, and relief along with a familiar scent washed over her. She grinned under his palm.

"Mii, beepl bont meel ma baat tt mo"

He leaned back, a streak of light catching, a trace of blue, in his grey eyes, and an eyebrow raised in question.

She pulled his hand from her mouth " FYI people don't tell me what to do" she repeated.

He was about to say something when an engine roared to life, disrupting the silent darkness. Their heads snapped up to see a truck crawling out, of a small shed, that Anika hadn't notice before.

Shivaay narrowed his eyes, " I was right!" he fumed, suddenly, his face morphing into a dark shade.

He moved towards the truck and Anika fell into step with him. The truck stopped, and Shivaay turned to her " get back inside"

She shook her head " am going. End of discussion"

The truck roared again, Anika had a second before he suddenly pulled her to him and hauled her onto the back of the truck. She landed with a small thud, a second later he followed.

" get down" he hissed and he pulled her down. They both tumbled between the boxes. The truck picked up speed and thundered down the road.

" where's your giant bodyguard ?' Anika whispered, suddenly feeling unsafe.

Shivaay sat up, pulling her with him " I sent him in search of the address that the buyer gave us"

" ummm.. then what are we doing here, smuggling ourselves into a unknown truck? You do realize crimes like this could get us hanged around here?"

He smirked " as much as I would like to see you in that position, I don't think I could afford to waste time on such unprofitable activities"

Anika glowered at him. " then mind telling me why are we stuck here?"

He pointed a finger at one of the boxes. Anika followed his finger eying an emblem stamped on one of the boxes " that's the stamp of my company. These are my goods!"