Ch.9 Dealing & Breaking Loyalty

Dealing & Breaking Loyalty

Corridors that smelled of piss, alcohol and vomit quickly open up into a flashy back room with a dark red theme. Old fashioned chairs are lined up around a pool table where guests all play poker.

Men and women sit around, flirting, smirking and feeling up their hands of cards like they're the strippers that were no doubt occupying and entertaining the main part of the club.

An older blonde woman in a gold dress oversees everything, her eyes pink and watery. She looks shocked as Dale and his men walk in boldly, taking seats. She looks breathless as she eyes Dale, while I watch as Serge is left without a seat.

Not for long, though, he simply grabs a guy's shoulder and throws him out of the chair, taking the now 'conveniently' empty spot.

"A hush," Ace speaks into the sudden quiet between everyone here, and he picks up some cards, "Let's start again, Paige, you grab the clients, alright?"

"Gage is dead," she whispers, refusing to do as Ace has just commanded.

"And my dick is dead after all the times Serge ran his bolts over it," Ace raises a brow, uncaring, "Get the clients or get a bullet in your head – what would you prefer?"

"Have some respect for your elders," one younger woman on an older man's lap, caress' her sugar daddies face while glaring at Ace, "You're guests here and she owns the club."

"On the contrary," Dale speaks easily, as I stand by his chair and his sly hand reaches out and snakes around my waist, pulling me down onto his lap, "Everyone is a guest in my city, sweet thing," he compliments the woman, oddly sending a shiver of jealousy right through my spine. I glare up at him and he is smirking, I know he notices my reaction even when he doesn't bother to meet my gaze. Instead he dominates everyone around the table with his slow blinking eyes and powerful words, "Paige, your loss is my loss... but the show must go on... everyone dies," he pretends to sound empathetic but the more I seemed to get to know about Dale, the less I seem to understand.

And the more I wanted to find out.

Paige gulps and eventually submits, leaving the room while Ace gets the game started.

"Wise old years... wise old lying eyes," the sugar daddy with his young woman on his lap gives everyone a wink as he glances at the deck Ace has started to shuffle.

"It's called the wise old man tries, to succeed the other guys, hoping to impress his cutie pie," Ace sounds so damn lame as he winks at the girl on the old man's lap and she smiles happily from the attention, followed with giving me a greasy glare.

"Oh I can do better," Ace winks again, "Some say –"

"Shut the fuck up and deal already, you stupid shit," Jose thumps a fist onto the pool table, impatiently hissing at Ace.

"Not until I shuffle the kerfuffle of cards, my lady," Ace nods at Jose and I sit back. Just as I'm about to get comfortable, Jose makes his move.

He grabs down into his belt, and he literally throws a knife across the pool table straight for Ace's shocked face. The ex-military sniper, however, holds the deck of cards up quickly, and the knife slices through the middle before falling into his lap.

"A new deck, then," Ace growls, throwing the old ruined cards over his shoulder. Serge passes him a spare pack from the corner of the table, wrapped in plastic.

"You could have lost a finger," the other girl says in awe of Ace's quick reaction.

"Don't tempt me to break all yours," Jose directs to the girl, "Don't encourage him again, whore, or I'll find out how far your legs really bend back," Jose decides to chuckle and I gasp.