Ch.43 Define Mercy

Define Mercy

I cross my legs and meditate as I have nothing else to do after Blue is eventually let go from the chamber next to me a mere hour down the track, while I am left in my own cell. They must have found a good reason to provide her with some freedom. Her chamber door lifted automatically after she was asked through the speakers to make her way down to GH. When she exited she had blown me a kiss and an empathetic smile after the lights had again been switched on.

I, however, am left for what feels like continuous hours while my urge to pee gets worse and worse.

My Ultimate brain can't help but think like Dale in this situation. I bet he'd consider it a great joke if I peed myself like an animal in my 'enclosure'... after he now knew from Blue's admission, that I thought they were all animals, and had called them so, for the last week behind their backs. 101 times.

I guess that was a mistake I would live to regret for awhile. I grudgingly admit, in their shoes, it would be pretty damn frustrating to be called an animal... by the one that was made for you... when everyone else treated you like freaks already.

It had my mind going in circles with questions I kept dwelling on, over and over. I had doubted STRIKE, but why had I?

Was it because of Hacksaw, the ghost legend of FC, when he had whispered in my ear at the Freeman Complex, stating that they were animals and I needed to separate myself from them?

Or was it my own decision even after everything I had been through with STRIKE so far?

...I guess... it was because... I had never met anyone like them. No one, no crush from high school, no jock or nerd or even a Five Reds member, could compare to the intelligence and strength behind each individual super soldier. And all together? STRIKE were impossible to beat and intimidating to the highest degree.

That sort of power was frightening, not just personally but politically. They had the potential to do so much damage... but I hadn't thought about how they had the potential to do so much good. Despite all their military training, the experimentation and brain washing they must have been forced through... they still had minds of their own.

My heart had started to become attached to them; beings such as them... I mean... my god... I had convinced myself that was a dangerous situation, too dangerous.

But still, they had emotions and feelings too because they had hearts as well. Serge expressed his ability to feel through the anger that blazed from his eyes, Ace expressed it through his humour while Jose showed his heart by being unexpectedly humble despite his X-ray vision and love for breaking bones for the team. Dale... he was the best at hiding his heart, but it was clear to me that he showed a slither of his true feelings in moments of complete trust.

Perhaps that is why he liked BDSM, I knew trust was an important factor for those types of relationships even though I had not been educated in the meaning behind the lifestyle. I guess with first assumptions, trust was the basis for such an intense bond.

Not that I should assume anything, as that seemed to land me in deep trouble.

I fidget with my legs and try to get comfortable as the urge to pee overtakes me again.

Damn those beasts.

Of course... I couldn't complain, I fucked up real bad.

But still!

"Argh!" I call out even though I'm sure no one can hear me, "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry! Please let me out of here, I feel like an idiot. Please... I'll do anything..." I murmur this last part quietly, knowing it was a dangerous thing to offer with men like them.