Ch.41 Tears of Beasts

Tears of Beasts

Any moment I expect to hear gun shots, yelling, screaming or explosions of thunderous lightening. However, I am shocked to hear nothing but silence. For a moment I believe perhaps STRIKE are holding back on the assassination of the Presidents of the New Worlds; Sir Greg of Avalon and Miss Grace of Atlantis.

It was a simple venture and an easy mission for the super soldiers to complete. It certainly wouldn't be something difficult for STRIKE to accomplish with the two important figures in such a vulnerable position today. The New World Congregation was clearly an easy target especially after Lumen made the event known to us, by passing on the information through Coal's phone call.

And then, as I'm bound and helpless in the storage room... my Ultimate mindset clutches onto that one outstanding factor; Lumen!

Before he invited Dale and I to the Freeman Complex for the Government Gathering and also the New World Congregation today, two weeks prior... he had wanted one thing; Casey.

Lumen then changed his mind, and offered those invitations... but it wasn't until now that I realised there must have been a greater motivation behind such offers. He had changed his mind too quickly, far too quickly.

Clearly, the men and women out there not only expected STRIKE to come today, but Lumen desired his creations to be present among them all.

Just as I think the silence will become everlasting, the break is interrupted by a loud shrill laugh. Muffled voices then sound from the white lounge next door. I can't hear exactly what is being said, but it doesn't sound to be in the favour of the beasts out there.

Not that I wanted them to succeed in their assassination attempts.

But, I didn't want them to suffer through some sick plan concocted by the master mind that created them.

And I knew they'd be suffering already just by witnessing those formaldehyde pumped bodies, stuck up on display.

My sore muscles and fried nerves, eventually repair themselves after the massively damaging shock generously handed out by Serge; the cruel bastard. However, luckily I could regenerate to full health quickly, maybe not as fast or as impressively as Casey with a bullet straight through his brain, but I was still quick enough to regain physical function after a few minutes.

I instantly jump up to my feet while my arms are still stuck to my sides painfully by the belt. My lethally sharp nails and hair are out of the reach of the belt wrapped around my elbows and middle. I try to loosen the vice by wriggling around but it doesn't help, it only seems to get tighter. I try walking towards and reaching for the storage door controls but it's locked and won't slide up for me to exit even as I stand before it.

I curse under my breath, until the muffled happy voices in the congregation outside are abruptly shocked into another silence.

The one light above me shatters and explodes, sending my storage area into a pitch black darkness. I look for some light from the corridor outside just beneath the door that had a gap that was just a tiny slither. However, I see nothing but the sun filtering in from the hall and the lounge connected to it through two open archways.

In other words, all the synthetic lights were blown and every slight hum and buzz in the air of electricity is no longer existent.

It's like the energy from the place has been sucked dry.

I believe it was Serge, but, regardless, I was still stuck, even amidst the now electricity-free building and the still silent congregation.

Which meant I was still useless right in this moment.