Ch.33 Mastermind Madness

Mastermind Madness

Dale drives STRIKE to the Freeman Complex where the Government Gathering Ball will be taking place. This time it's just the three Ultimates present, which was basically a mastermind, a whore and a kid. Yep. Well, that's if you wanted to stereotype the situation.

Dale and Casey wear brand new suits, matching black with bow ties. I'm in the front passenger seat wearing another DNA formed suit... well, it's a dress. It's a light shimmering pink that is elegant, modern and has straps.

Casey was bounding in excitement in the back seat while I was increasingly nervous of Dale's plan.

"Will Casey be safe?" I ask Dale, a little worried.

"Do you really think I'd bring him if I didn't have a plan, kitten?" Dale asks me with a raised brow and he doesn't even have to glance at me as he continues to drive. Casey, however, is offended in the back seat.

"Listen up, Alyssa," Casey scolds me, "Don't ever doubt my father. He'll put a bullet through anyone and anything that threatens me. I'm safe. And if anyone threatens me directly, I'll just tell them I'll hack into their history and show their families all the porn they access. You'd be surprised how many people shut up when you use that threat against them."

"Unless the person threatening you doesn't have a search history like that," I mention and Casey scoffs.

"Everyone hides something, Alyssa," he laughs like a little evil mastermind while slicking back his blonde fluffy hair, "I can't wait to get some info on my real story-"

"You won't be doing anything like that, kid," Dale growls, instantly cutting him off, "You'll act like you're just the orphan kid I adopted off the streets and then gave you a roof over your head. If anyone attempts to ask you of your Gift, you say abnormal intelligence and that's all."

"Well, I don't know any other abilities I might possess," Casey sighs as if that's the most disappointing fact in the world.

"We'll all find out when you hit puberty," Dale explains, "Which, considering your growth rate, will be any day now. But do me one favour, kid, stay away from Alyssa and I while we dance... I want you to pick pocket as many phones off these jokers as you can. Will you accept the challenge?"

"Damn right I will," Casey grins from ear to ear while I simply roll my eyes and then look out the window as we finally turn a corner and find a street parked with limos up and down the side walks. My eyes instantly focus upon a figure hoping out of a car and straightening his suit. Long black hair, groomed and waxed. Purple eyes and a beautiful blonde model on his arm. Well, a model with only one ear and a lopsided smile, but she still appears beautiful anyway despite the mutations.

"That's Doctor Charles," I murmur, "The real Doctor Charles... that one you impersonated, Dale, remember?"

"Sure is," Dale murmurs as he slows right down and we get to see the rest of the crowd.

"Oh my god, I see Coal, Jackle and Dash," I murmur as I see them enter the front doors, "...Lumen... and... is that... that girl, um, what's her name," I think hard as she was the same guard who was escorting me around inside Preventative Care. Karey, no. Kourtney? No. Wait. Kate. Katie! Yes! "Katie... oh shit," my eyes widen just as Dale parks STRIKE at the end of the street in an alley way.

"You talking about Katie the Mindreader?" Casey has taken off his seat belt and leans over the middle console, eyes bright as he catches my shocked gaze, "She never died. I read through PC records. She was just transferred secretly to that location. Everyone thinks she's dead."

"Not anymore," Dale growls as he adds, "It's interesting they've brought her back."

"Coal is always upset about her 'death'," I mention, "Maybe they've decided to take her out of hiding? Why was she transferred anyway?"