The Three Broomsticks

Yay update! :)
-Grace

"Merlin, I can't believe you said that to McGonagoll!" Arietta was nearly crying with laughter, clinging to Lee's arm. George looked on at her, his heart aching as he saw his best friend take the only girl he had ever loved.

"Come on, mate, let's go to Zonko's." His twin took him by the arm, but George knew that Fred yearned for Arietta too.

"Y'know, Ari, you're so beautiful. Half the boys at Hogwarts fancy you, you could have anyone." Lee was suddenly serious, and Arietta's smile dropped slightly.

"Oh yeah? Name three?" She smirked, not believing him.

"Ok, me for one," Arietta winked, she had noticed that, since she WAS on a date with him...

"Fred and George Weasley." He told her, looking her dead in the eye.

"What?" Arietta breathed, shocked, "N-no, you're kidding... haha! Very funny, Lee!" She put on a weak smile and started walking away.

"What?! Arietta, I'm serious!" (A/N: no he's lee, not sirius!! ok, no.)

She carried on walking, too fast for him to catch up, tears streaming down her face. She ran into The Three Broomsticks, hoping to find Hermione, but instead was faced with Fred and George, having just come from Zonko's.

"Ari? Are you ok?" George sounded concerned, and Arietta flinched with shock as he put his arm round her.

"Y-yeah. Fine. I'm fine. Please, just leave me alone." She stuttered, removing his arm, and looking at the twins before rushing to the toilets.

As she left, a worried looking Lee stumbled into the pub, frantically looking round.

"Mate? Does this have something to do with Ari?" Fred asked him, frowning.

"Yeah, why?" Lee looked between the two brothers,

"Well she just ran in here crying, mate. What happened?" George put an arm round his friend's shoulders.

"Well... uhm... we were kind of... uhm... talking... and I told her she could have anyone at Hogwarts. And she asked me who... and I... I... I said you two..." Lee stammered,

The twins froze, taking in the fact that the girl they had loved since they had seen her at The Sorting before they were sorted, knew that... that they loved her.

It was at that moment that Arietta walked in between the trio.

"Is it... is it true?" Her voice was blank, empty, none of them could predict what she was thinking.

No point lying to her at this stage George thought to Fred,
Yep. Just get it over with Fred thought back to him.

"Uh... yes... yes.. it is..."Fred stammered. Arietta felt her heart flip over with happiness, but then she realized that this meant she would have to choose between them. Life just isn't fair.

-oOo-

Thoughts?

-Grace