Shattered

Hey guys it's Grace.

Sorry for not uploading for so long. I don't know, I just couldnt find time. This is a sad chapter, I don't know whether I'm going to keep it or not. But anyway, I should have had someone run through this with me if I do update it, but I hope you guys like it! If you listen to Ed Sheeran's song The A Team it will make it x10000 more emotional because I'm a horrible person who tortures herself and her readers.

Thank you guys so much for the reads (last time I checked it was 7,700?!)! But I hope you like this, and please don't kill me.

Grace x

The wedding was perfect, that everyone agreed. But as everyone was dancing, Arietta was just lost in this endless thought- she was Fred's wife -she was Mrs Arietta Weasley. Mrs Fred Weasley.
She looked over at her husband- that sounded so weird -and he was playing with ther children, one on each knee, and she knew in that moment that she would do anything for them, she would do everything to prevent their pain.
Everything was perfect, she had built this perfect life, from her head and her heart.

This day was going to be perfect, at least. But in this magical world of danger, Death Eaters and dark magic. everyone was in danger. It didn't matter if they had children, or if they had just been married, or how many times they had been in danger before, in this world Voldemort would hurt as many people as he had to- and more, for the pleasure of it -to get his power.

Today, it was blue ribbons and wedding dresses trimmed with lace, but anybody's world could be shattered in an instant.

But for now, it the bride of a picture perfect wedding, watching her guests dance a Viennese Waltz, to a ballroom tune that she didn't know.

"Arietta? Darling, are you alright?"

Arietta snapped suddenly out of her daydream, realising she had been staring at the scene in front of her, and turned towards the voice. Mrs Weasley was standing there, hands on hips, smirking amusedly at her daughter-in-law.

"You're a little bit in your own world, aren't you sweeite?" Arietta nodded slightly, still slightly bewildered by the fact that this was her wedding and that now she was married with kids and she was only 19. She had never wanted to be tied down this young, she had never wanted chiildren until later in life, she had wanted to travel the world, and help people and learn more languages, and she wanted her parents to be in her life. But because of this all, they wouldn't be anymore.

And suddenly, something in Arietta dropped, and there was this huge realisation, that while she had been so worried about whether Fred wanted to go through with the wedding, and whether or not Fred wanted children, she had forgotten that this wasn't at all what she wanted.

Children.

A husband.

A family that wasn't her own.

She sat through the rest of the night trying to choke back her own tears, and the burning sensation in her throat made her eyes water anyway.

But nobody realised. They all thought it was George and Ellie's speeches, they had no idea that this sense of fear was raging through Arietta.

The fear that she wouldn't be able to hide this feeling of regret, that it would come bubbling to the surface. She loved Fred, Alice and Alfie, but she couldn't face living the rest of her life, tied down to one spot, having to act like a fully fledged adult before she had had time to discover who her adult self was, and she couldn't even think of the idea of helping two young children discover who they were.

To everyone else, the wedding flowed smoothly, Fred looked like the happiest man in the world, and Arietta had been crying at the beauty of it.

No one at that party had any idea what was to happen in a couple of hours time.