White Dresses and Blue Hydrangeas

It's here... the wedding... i hope you guys enjoy the happiness whilst you can ;)

-Grace

**

The next day was a whirl of dresses, and cakes and preparations. Arietta, a baby bundled under each arm, her glossy hair swept up into an unruly bun was rushing around The Burrow checking on things, and adding last minute touches to her plans.

Her wedding dress had arrived that day, and was stored carefully in the nursery wardrobe, far from the prying eyes of Fred and George.

The cake had been chosen, and delivered, white icing delicately decorated with cream icing roses and two little figurines, a suited man with a shock of bright red hair, and a woman in a white dress with a cascade of brunette curls.

The bridesmaids dresses had arrived too; each one individual, to suit the bridesmaid, although they were all a pale blue, to match the colour scheme. Ellie's dress was simple; a spaghetti-strapped dress in powder blue, loose, but clung just at the right areas. It came just past the knee, and matched well with the strappy peep-toe heels that were also Ellie's.

Ginny's dress was of a more childish design, still powder blue, but it had chunkier straps, and a sweetheart neckline edged with frills. It had a tight cotton bodice, with a shiny blue sash, and then the dress became more frock-like, with several layers of netting and petticoats that stopped just before the knee.

Ginny's shoes were not as high as Ellie's, but of the same design, and were still very delicate and ladylike.

The last bridesmaids dress was miniature, for it had to fit baby Alice. It was the same design and material as Ginny's, only it was white with a blue sash. The adorable baby shoes were blue strappy pumps, that matched the blue frilled socks that had also been purchased.

Everything was in perfect place, the forget-me-nots, the blue hydrangeas, blue bows on the end of the seats, a meal of roast chicken to follow the ceremony.

It was all perfect, laid out so that nothing could go wrong.

Even Fred and George's ties were baby blue, which was the only colour that would match the typical ginger Weasley hair colour.

Ellie smiled at her best friend, who was chaotically running round, checking the marquee, checking dresses in their plastic wrappings, even checking the tiny baby blue silk waistcoat for Alfie.

The day had flashed by, but eventually, every little detail was sorted and ready for tomorrow.

**

Arietta sat the end of her bed, stroking the cream sheets. It had been a busy day, the hours had merged into minutes in her mind, and some moments had seemed oddly extended, while some had flashed by her without her noticing.

Fred sat down beside her. The babies were tucked up in their cribs next door, and the house was peacefully silent.

Taking her hand in his, he stroked his index finger over the simple, silver band that was their engagement ring.

Arietta looked up at him, but his eyes were trained intently on her hands, examining the creases, the knuckles, the nails and the veins.

She chuckled slightly, under her breath, and Fred jolted out of his trance and smiled slightly, and, not letting go of her hand, he reached up with his free hand, and tilted her chin upwards until her lips met his.

For a moment she was frozen; they had had so little intimacy since they had moved into The Burrow, and suddenly, in the silence of the house, it seemed as if they were alone at Hogwarts once more, sneaking out of their dorms after hours to sit by the Great Lake in the moonlight.