Lost

HI there everyone! I had some spare time before doing some homework, so I thought I'd try and write a bit more! Hope you enjoy!

-Grace

All characters apart from Arietta, Ellie, Alice and Alfie belong to J.K.Rowling.

It was midday at the Burrow, and Ellie had sunk into a state of utter helplessness. It's the kind of feeling where you know that you've lost the thing that meant mosr to you, and there's nothing you can do to find it.

Ellie was lying across the bed that she and George had shared the previous night, tears clogging up her eyelashes, blonde hair spread in a tangled mess on the pillow.

Her cat, Belle, let out a pathetic 'Meow?' before curling up on Ellie's feet.

Ellie had been through a lot in her life. Her twin, Laura, had died when she was only fourteen, and both her parents had lost themselves to grief. Ellie was left in charge of her own life, and ended up resorting to taking her anger out on stupid Beauxbatons girls who thought that if you looked like a china figure, then you could be happy for all your life.

There was a point when Ellie had been popular at Beauxbatons, and dreadfully shallow, too. She had never talked to her twin much in school; Laura had been submerged with the true friends that she had developed, not the shallow half Veela's.

When Laura died, Ellie got in a fight with Fleur Delacour, one of the other most popular girls in the school. Ellie won, but she lost all of her 'friends' and was expelled, and was forced to move to her birth-country, England, to go to Hogwarts and leave her mother and father behind.

She had lived in England for the first four years of her life, so the language and accent came naturally to her, but what she was most worried about was fitting in to the new school.

As it was, she had been able to meet Arietta quite quickly, and along came Fred and George, too.

While Arietta had been pregnant, her relationship with George had been going well, but as soon as the twins were born, he seemed to want to take their relationship to a more serious level.

The argument that had occured in the early hours of that morning had started, Ellie remembered, by a simple question...

"Ellie... Ellie... are you awake?" George's voice floated through her sleep, stirring her.

"Well, I am now." Ellie yawned, turning over to her boyfriend, opening her eyes wide.

"Ellie... I want us to be more serious. I've been awake all night thinking about it. Fred and Arietta are moving on so fast... I want that... I want to get married, I want to have kids..." George trailed off, running his hands through his hair.

Ellie frowned. "George... what are you trying to say?"

"Ellie... will you marry me?"

Ellie's breath caught harshly in her throat.

"George... it's too soon. I love you, I do, I just want to take things slowly, to enjoy this carefreeness, this happiness, I don't want to rush into anything..."

George sat up, his face hurt. wary.

"Oh, ok then. Is it just me that you don't want to commit to?" The words rattled through the morning air, sharp as a dozen knives.

"George, no! I want to commit to you, I do, just not yet! I want to get married when I'm ready!"
Ellie had to fight to keep her voice down to a raised whisper, and not an indingnant yell.

"WHEN WILL YOU BE READY ELLIE? WHEN?" George, obviously, didn't want to keep to whispers.

"I... I don't know..." Ellie massaged her forehead with the palm of her hand, "George, this isn't fair..."

"DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ISN'T BLOODY FAIR? ME, HAVING TO WAIT FOR YOU, I CAN'T WAIT FOREVER!" From across the hall, Ellie could hear a baby crying.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? I'VE HAD ENOUGH. YOU'RE BLOODY HOPELESS AT RELATIONSHIPS, YOU ALWAYS WANT MORE! I CAN'T GIVE YOU MORE. I'M ALL YOU GET." The words ripped their way through the air, loud and mean.

"I give up. I hope you give yourself to the Death Eaters, bitch." And with a swift blow of his hand, he struck her across the side of her face.

Ellie let this one moment of shock to sweep over her, that George had hit her, before she composed herself.

"No. You're the one who needs to give themselves to the Death Eaters." And with that, she ran out of the room, slamming the door behind her as she went.

It was a hopeless situation. Commitment was hard enough, even harder when the boy you're with only wants more And eventually, when there's no more to give, when all that you've got to offer has been given to this one person, the one person that you want to give more to, but you know that you can't, then they'll go. They'll take everything that you value in yourself and leave, they'll slam the door, and leave your empty shell behind.

***

George remembered what Ellie had set to him; "You're the one who needs to give themselves to the Death Eaters.".

Maybe that was the answer. To join the dark side, to prove to himself that he never was a good person.

He already that he wasn't good enough for Ellie. She was the most beautiful, funny girl that he had ever met, and everything about her made him want to cry with happiness. The way that her hair curled up a little bit at the fringe, the way that when she was hurting she would never give in to the pain, the way that her chest shook when she laughed, the way she shook her head when you did something completely ridiculous to make it look like you were just the joker, not the person that wanted just to see everybody they cared about happy.

He had always said to everybody that was special to him; "Are you ok?"

Ellie would ask him, "Why do you always ask everyone that?"

"Because I want to make sure that you're all happy. That's all I want. That's all I ever want."

George was the one who had ruined this relationship, the one who had wanted that something to hand onto forever. It was him who should pay.

He prepared to apparate, and braced himself as the words left his mouth;

"Malfoy Manor."