Can We Just Have This Happily Ever After?

This chapter is my birthday present to @welovedamon, who#s birthday it was yesterday! So happy birthday Bethan! This is going to be a HAPPY chapter... in the end...

-Grace

As George landed outside the manor, and walked up to the gate, he immediatly felt a sense of regret form in his stomach. This was wrong. So, so wrong. He couldn't do this. Not without Ellie knowing. Not without a reason.

If Ellie, or his family wouldn't come to help him, nothing would ever help him, ever. If they didn't respond to his letter, then he would come back here.

"Weasley's Wizard Wheezes Apartment."

***

An owl flapped at Ellie's window. She was still lying on her bed, blonde hair matted around her head.

"Ugh." She moaned, and even her voice sounded rusty, and slighty broken into.

Ellie reached for the window, unlatched it, and wearily pulled the letter from the owls leg. It looked like one of the ones that Fred and... George... had employed for the shop.

Ellie.

Ellie, this is me, admitting that I was so wrong. I am so sorry. Nothing can forgive what I did. And if you never forgive me, that's pretty reasonable. But, I love you. I love you with all my heart.

The reason I did what I did is because I'm scared. I'm scared that you don't want to commit to me, and want so bad for you to commit to me. And for you to forgive me.

If you do the sensible thing, that anybody who wasn't in love with me would do, and not to owl me back by tomorrow, then I'm going. I'm going to the Death Eaters. Not joining them, but allowing myself to die. If you reply, I am going to come back, and propose.

I love you, Ellie, always.

George.

"What...?" Ellie processed the letter in her mind. She still loved George... still loved him more than anything else in the world. More than her parents, more than her no-good sister, more than anybody in the world. The last thing she wanted was for him to die. She wanted to forgive him. They'd both been punished enough. Everybody here was missing him. This was their chance.

"MOLLY! MOLLY!" She screamed, running out from her bedroom, clutching the letter tightly.

The entire household ran from whatever they were doing, panicked by erEllie's manic screams.

"What, what's wrong?" Mrs Weasley was frantic, worried.

"Read this letter. Read it out loud." Ellie's voice broke as tears ran down her face, as she handed the letter to Molly.

So Molly read the letter out loud, and she turned to the family.

"He wants commitment. He wants love. He's scared. I want him back, I want my baby boy back." Molly too, was crying now, as was Arietta.

"I don't care anymore, I want George back." Ellie spoke for the entire Weasley family, as she soke the eight words that had been on repeat for the past two days.

***

There was the owl. The same owl George had sent out that day.

He leaped up from his bed, and snatched the letter from it.

George,

We forgive you. We all forgive you. Please, just come home, I promise to commit, I promise not to be scared if you promise not to be either.

I love you. We all love you.

Ellie, and all the family.

Tears of happiness streamed down George's face. They wanted him back.

"The Burrow."

***

The whole family was waiting, silently in the living room, when there were three knocks on the door, and Ellie stood slowly,. walked over to the door, and opened it slowly.

George was standing there, and immediately Ellie hugged him, and was joined by the rest of the family.

***

It was late into the night, and everyone was talking, and most importantly forgiving. George and Ellie were laughing and talking when George leapt off his armchair and grabbed something from his pocket, as he kneeled on one knee in front of Ellie.

"Ellie, will you marry me?" He opened the catch on the box, revealing a gold ring with a diamond encrusted rose blooming in the middle.

"Yes. Yes, I will." Ellie's mouth slipped into a grin, as George slipped the ring on her finger, and the whole family applauded them.

As Ellie hugged George, he told her;

"I wish this feeling would never end."

And she pulled away long enough to say;

"Can we just have this happily ever after?"

-

I didn't cry while writing this... *breaks off into manic sobbing*

Happy Birthday for yesterday Bethan!

-Grace