Meeting the Mother

I'm sorry for not updating. This will probably go up on Tuesday/Wednesday because of me being stupid and giving in to some stuff I shouldn't've.

-Grace

-oOo-

The end of their fifth year had been an interesting one; not only had Harry been reunited with the only living member of his wizarding family; Buckbeak had not been executed and Sirius not given the Kiss.

Also, Arietta felt as though she could not be happier; She and Fred had managed to survive Smith's threats to kill her, and he had eventually been expelled for attempted murder.

Ellie and George had been a 'thing' for quite a while now, but as the time for Christmas break drew near, Arietta wondered where she was going to spend her holidays. Earlier on in the week she had received an owl from her parents;

Dearest Arietta,

First of all, we're sorry we haven't been able to see you while you have been... 'ill'. Your father and I were in Bulgaria, trying to arrange for the Bulgarian Minister to visit England for the Quidditch World Cup.

Secondly, we hate to say that you will not be able to come home this Christmas, as there has been something to do with safety at the world cup that your father must look at. We will be visiting Ireland to see the Aurors, and will send your presents over by owl.

Stay with a friend, darling, or stay at Hogwarts, either way's fine with us, just let us know before the holidays.

Love from,

your Mother

P.S Daddy sends his love, darling

She crumpled the letter into a ball and threw it on the ground next to her feet. Fred, who was coming to sit in the armchair next to her, noticed, and before she could do anything, swooped it up and smoothed it out.

"Ooh, Ari! You should come stay with us for Christmas! I'm sure Mum wouldn't mind!" Fred exclaimed, a grin sweeping across his face.

"Really, Fred? I don't want to sound pushy, but that would be really nice." She took his hand and smiled at him.

"Great! I'll send Errol over with an owl to mum now!" He slipped his hand out of hers and rushed off to write the letter.

*Two Weeks Later*

They were on the train, going to meet Mrs Weasley at Platform 9 3/4. In their compartment was Fred, George, Ellie and Arietta. Ellie had been invited by George a couple of weeks ago too, when she discovered her French parents were going to be unavailable that holiday.

"So, any family secrets I should know, before your Mum embarrasses you?" Arietta smirked, elbowing Fred.

"Well... apart from the family ghoul, no, nothing else," George grinned, making phoney ghost noises and going to tickle Ellie.

They chatted until the train drew up at the station. Just as they were about to get up, Arietta grabbed her boyfriend's arm.

"Fred... do I look ok? Do you think your mum will like me?" She asked him worriedly. She was wearing normal muggle clothing; jeans and a white shirt, her glossy hair bouncing at her shoulders; no make up.

"Love, you look... perfect! Now come on, George and Ellie will be wondering where we are!" He dragged her out of the compartment and found the other two waiting impatiently outside.

"Finally! Now come on, Mum will have already found Ginny and the others! She'll be going ballistic!" George sighed teasingly.

They stepped out onto the platform, and soon they found the Weasley family gathered together, exchanging greetings.

"Mum," Fred and George said in unison, "This is Ari and Ellie!" Arietta and Ellie waved shyly at Mrs Weasley who responded with a two armed hug.

"Ooh, you must be Arietta Scrimgeour?" Mrs Weasley asked, excitedly, "I've seen you a few times on a couple of magazines! Fancy that, Freddie, you dating a model!" She cooed and pinched her son's cheek. She moved on to Ellie.

"And YOU must be Ellie Dix! You were quite the pupil at Beauxbatons, I hear! Very good, until that blasted Veela insulted... oh, I say, I can't remember! Anyway, lets get you home."