Boggarts

Hey there! This is set in Prisoner of Azkaban by the way ;)

-Grace

-oOo-

*In Defence Against the Dark Arts class*

First thing the Gryffindors had was Defence Against the Dark Arts with Lupin. Arietta swore to Merlin Lupin was the best Professor ever! She hadn't really talked to Fred and George about the 'situation'.

Her and the twins walked to class, and Arietta sat next to Lee; behind the twins.

"Hello class!" Lupin beamed out at the class, "Today we will be learning about... BOGGARTS! Does anyone know what a Boggart is?"

She raised her hand, Arietta's Dad had told her stories about magical Dark creatures for years, and the Boggart was one of her favourites.

"Yes, Arietta?"

"Please, sir, a Boggart is a creature that takes the shape of a persons greatest fear." She gabbled,

"Very good, Arietta! Indeed, a Boggart takes the shape of your greatest fear! And today we will be fighting a Boggart! I have the Boggart in this wardrobe!" He gestured to a wardrobe at the back of the room, that strange noises seemed to be coming from.

"Now, Arietta, would you please come up here?"

Arietta got off her seat and stood in front of the class.

"Now, Arietta, I want you to think of your greatest fear, and when I open the door, it will appear. And then, think of something to make it seem silly! Our aim, class, is to confuse the Boggart! Now, Arietta, may I?"

She nodded silently.

Lupin opened the wardrobe...

And put stepped the Weasley twins...

Most of the class laughed, and Arietta glanced behind me to see the twins trying to hide their embarrassment, but failing miserably as they turned beetroot red.

"Tell me, Arietta," Boggart George stepped forward, "Tell me how you really feel about me."

"Yeah, Ari." Boggart Fred backed him up, "You know you're going to have to choose between us soon..." They stepped closer still.

"ENOUGH!" She yelled, terror coursing through her veins, "RIDDIKULUS!" The twins shrunk into midget sized versions of themselves. More laughter from the class behind her.

As more and more people stepped up against their fears, the more confused the creature got. Eventually it shrank back into it's wardrobe.

After class was over, she expected to be confronted by the Weasleys, and so she was.

"Ari, why was your Boggart us?"

"Yeah, Arietta, tell us!"

Fred and George were far too pleased that she hadn't seen their own Boggart; her, again, asking for the truth. Repeating the words "Tell me" over and over...