3

"Yeah I have someone special in my life...and she makes me happy. But I don't really like to talk about that aspect of my life in the media so you'll probably never see us together and you'll definitely never find out who she is. Just know that I'm taken..." Trey trailed off, running his hand over his head with a nervous smile on his face.

"There you have it ladies, you heard it from the source. Trey Songz is officially off the market!" The interviewer exclaimed in the most dramatic way possible.

Demi paused the video from 2010 and exited out of the YouTube app on her phone as she chewed down on her bottom lip. When she left this morning, she didn't feel any regret concerning what had happened between her and Trey. She had been on cloud nine for lack of a better word. But now...now that she could finally breathe and she was in her right mind and she wasn't intoxicated by Trey, she felt...she didn't know how to feel.

She didn't necessarily regret initiating sex with him. She didn't regret spending the night with him and waking up with him and doing all the things they used to do back when they were...together. But coming back home and taking in the bruises and the hickies on her skin, the soreness of her entire body, and the sharpie embedded on her forearm just reminded her of all of the history that she had with Trey. There was a lot of history there and with that history came some tension which was clearly why they had gone at it for so long last night. It was like they were making up for lost time, making up for their unresolved conflicts and all the years they spent not talking to each other.

She just didn't know. And it wasn't that she was conflicted because if she had the chance to redo last night she would do it all over again. But she just wasn't sure what this meant for them. What were they now? Friends? Friends with benefits? They certainly weren't dating. They certainly weren't anything serious.

Demi just couldn't even think about it anymore. When she had finally gotten home, her friends had bombarded her with a million questions, but only one of them knew about Trey. Her best friend in the entire world, Monique, knew all about Trey and everything that had happened between them. But her two other friends that she lived with, Nia and Mya, knew nothing about him so she didn't necessarily spill all the details about her night. All she said was that she slept with someone and that was it. They didn't need to know who it was.

Picking her phone up, she decided to finally contact Trey before she forgot about his number was on her arm and accidentally washed it off. She wasn't sure if she should text him or call him, but at the moment, texting seemed easier so she went with that.

Demi: hey it's demi
Trey: I'm glad you contacted me. I thought you'd go ghost on me after last night.
Demi: why?
Trey: idk...just thought you had some regrets...
Demi: nope, no regrets here. What about you?
Trey: none here either. I'd do it all over again if I had to.
Demi: same.
Trey: so we should meet up again sometime
Demi: when??
Trey: anytime is good for me. I know you work a lot tho.
Demi: maybe you can come by my office and take me out to lunch or something...?
Trey: yeah...then we can actually talk.
Demi: yeah. I'll text you the address of my building and what time I usually go to lunch...
Trey: okay...

Demi didn't know what else to say after that so she dropped her phone next to her and released a deep breath. Was it a smart choice to get involved with Trey again? She was 27 years old and she wanted...she didn't quite know what she wanted. Her friends were constantly trying to hook her up with boys but she had gotten a lot of that out of her system during her undergraduate years in college. And now Trey was back in her life and she just...what did she want? More importantly, what was Trey willing to offer her?

On Monday morning, Demi strode into the building that she worked in with a small smile on her face. Even though she really was passionate about her job, she didn't love it. She hated it. Every day was like a new battle and she got tired of fighting. It was like she won all of these little battles but she was losing the war.