17

The only reason why Trey woke up on Sunday morning was because of the ringing of his phone. Demi was sprawled across him so he tried to be careful as he grabbed his phone off of the nightstand and saw all of the texts from his family and friends. They all had one thing in common: a picture of Demi going into a clinic with a weary smile on her face, then a picture of her leaving with tears in her eyes. His mother was saying stuff about an abortion and how Demi had confided in her about it. His brothers were telling him that this only proved that she wasn't any good for him. And then there was Monique, reminding him that he needed to let Demi explain herself before jumping to any conclusions.

Trey really tried not to think the worst. Demi did tell him that she had a doctor's appointment because her period was on and off. She probably just received some bad news. There was no way that she had gotten an abortion after confiding in his mother but not him. Getting Demi to open up to him was a hard thing to do, but he just refused to believe she would do something that drastic without talking to him first.

"What's wrong?" Demi asked as she woke up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes before taking in the look on his face.

He didn't say anything. He simply passed her his phone with his iMessage open, so she took it upon herself to look through all of his messages, rolling her eyes at April and his brothers then mentally thanking Monique for having her back on this, even though she didn't tell her the full story either. The only person she told was her dad.

"I didn't get an abortion," Demi stated as Trey nodded. She sat up a little bit, pulling the sheets over her body as she rested her back against the headboard, so he did the same.

Demi told him everything that she had told her dad, keeping her eyes on him the entire time because she wanted to see his reaction, his emotions, if he was gonna get up and leave, or listen to her and stay. So far, his face was just blank. And she didn't know why. Did he want her to be pregnant? Or was he just upset that she took so long to tell him?

"Why didn't you tell me?" Trey questioned as Demi lightly shrugged her shoulders.

"I just wanted to figure things out before...ya know..."

"No I don't know. I mean, you can't take it back now but I wish you would've told me so that I could be there for you. Demi, you don't have to go through this stuff alone," Trey reminded her as she nodded her head.

"I have something else to tell you." She started to play with her fingertips as she looked around their room, hoping that Trey was as accepting of the way his mother was treating her as he was with the false pregnancy.

"Your mom found the pregnancy test and she told me to get an abortion. That's probably why she texted you that...because she thought I had gone through with it and was going to use it as a way to break us up," Demi softly explained, this time letting her eyes wander down to her fingertips instead of looking at Trey.

"What?"

"Trey, your mother hates me. And I haven't told you because that's your mom and the last thing that I want to do is ruin your relationship with her, but she's just been really mean to me ever since we started dating again. Well, mean is an understatement. She's come over here twice to tell me that I'm not good for you, and part of the reason why I left the first time was because of her. I let her get in my head and convince me that leaving you so that you could be with someone else was the right thing to do," Demi finished explaining. Trey was still quiet, so she kept talking.

"I understand if you don't believe me. She's your mom. But I have no reason to lie to you. And I don't want you to resent me or anything if this does ruin your relationship with her. I'm just tired of dealing with it on my own, I guess," Demi sighed, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.