5

Just like after every prison visit, Demi was miserable. It probably didn't make sense to anyone as to why she kept doing this job if it left her feeling this terrible at the end of every Wednesday and Friday, but it was hard to explain. These little slumps were worth it if she could just save one kid. That's what she kept telling herself. Saving one kid was better than not saving any. That's what she had to keep telling herself.

But she was miserable. After she visited a few more of her clients and realized that they were pretty much stuck in the same situation she had dragged herself home then locked herself into her room with a bottle of Vodka. She turned on her TV but wasn't even watching it as she thought about what her life had become, what she had allowed it to become.

Demi was a workaholic. That was something that she could admit. She threw herself into her work to distract herself from the fact that besides her three friends, she didn't have anyone. Maybe that was why she got so emotionally attached to her clients. Maybe that was why she was so eager to see where this thing with Trey was going even though she had been the one to ruin it last time.

Speaking of Trey, she wanted to know what game he was playing at because he should hate her. He should really hate her. He should loathe her very being and curse her name with every chance he got. But instead he suggested that they catch up and worshipped her body on his living room couch. How was that possible? Was he messing with her? Was he trying to get her to see how he had felt all those years ago by getting her hooked again only to leave her?

Seven years ago, Demi was a different person. Seven years ago, Demi said yes to a marriage proposal when she wasn't ready for marriage. Seven years ago, Demi ran away after said marriage proposal and blocked all of Trey's calls. She blocked his number, his email, his skype. Everything. She disappeared and focused on school. She ghosted him, basically. She had handwritten a three page letter making up some excuse about why she had left but it wasn't the truth. Well, it was mostly true.

Demi did leave because she was scared of Trey. Not because he was abusive or anything but because he was too perfect. Their feelings for each other were strong. The chemistry between them made her feel like she couldn't breathe. Whenever they were apart she was a mess. She was so dependent on him. She always wanted to be with him, touching him, fulfilling his every desire, hanging onto his every word. And that was her fault more than it was Trey's. She had been insecure back then because Trey was an international superstar who got naked pictures from women every single day and could have any girl he wanted, but he chose her.

Another reason why she left was because he proposed when she was graduating from UCLA and was getting ready to go to Stanford for law school. Considering the fact that she was raised by her dad, a world renowned doctor who was more career orientated than Taylor Swift, she wanted to establish herself first before getting married. She wanted to build up her career and make a name for herself before becoming Trey Songz's wife. And she had tried to explain that to Trey but...well that obviously didn't go well. She broke his heart and she knew it. That was why she disappeared...so she wouldn't have to face the consequences of her actions.

Now he was back in her life. He was just back. And they were...they were in a considerable circumstance. All that chemistry between them never left. It was still there. She could feel herself becoming addicted to him, wanting to be with him every second of every day and devote herself to him. Wanting to submit to him. Wanting to fulfill his every desire in the same way that he fulfilled hers. And would that be such a bad thing now? She had established herself. She had her career. Would pursuing a serious relationship really be as bad as she had made it sound last time?

For some reason, Trey was nervous about dinner tonight. He was going to take her out to a fancy restaurant and wine and dine her until he remembered that Demi hated doing that. So instead, he found a good recipe for spinach and mushroom lasagna, bought some good wine, cleaned his house up, and lit candles everywhere. Even though it wasn't actually their first date, it was the first date they were having in a really long time and he just wanted everything to be perfect. He was 32 years old. It was time to settle down. And God clearly brought Demi back into his life for a reason. He wasn't trying to marry her by the end of the year...but he couldn't deny the feelings he had for her.