14

Maybe Demi thought he just didn't notice when she was down, but for the past week Demi had been really...out of it. She went to work, she came home, and then she was just slumped for the rest of the day. Yeah, she made small talk with him and tried to show him a little bit of affection, but she just wasn't herself. He didn't know if it was from work or if she had gotten her period and that was what was causing her bad mood, but Trey was determined to fix it. He just needed a weekend to do it.

Since she still had a few weeks left until Kayla's case and next weekend they would be going to her father's house, Trey decided that this weekend would be the best weekend to take Demi somewhere and cheer her up. Thank God she always worked late on Friday's to make up for slacking during the week. Obviously they still had a few weeks to go until they could have sex, but that didn't meant that they couldn't be intimate. So he got everything packed and ready to go so that by the time Demi came home they could just leave. He wanted them to have as much time away as possible.

He heard the front door open and close downstairs, then Kane started to bark so he jogged down the stairs to see Demi kneeling down and petting Kane. If anyone loved Demi more than he did, it was definitely Kane.

"Hey, how was work?" Trey asked as Demi stood up and kicked her shoes off.

"It was fine, I guess. How was your day?" Demi questioned as she followed Trey into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle out of the refrigerator.

"Meetings as always. Look, are you free this weekend?" Trey asked as Demi looked towards the ceiling for a second before nodding her head.

"Great. Change into something comfortable."

"Why?"

"It's a surprise."

"Trey," Demi whined as she followed him up the stairs.

"I don't wanna hear it. And your whining doesn't work. Maybe if you gave me a life changing blow job I'd tell you, but we're being celibate so..." Trey pecked her lips before pushing her towards the side of her closet where her clothes had started to accumulate. He had never officially asked her to move in but her things had slowly started to show up around his house and he didn't even question it.

"Change into something comfortable. I'll be downstairs. Twenty minutes tops."

Twenty minutes later, Demi came downstairs wearing one of his hoodies with a pair of leggings and some Nikes. Her hair was pulled into a ponytail and she was holding her purse on her arm.

"You'll really only tell me where we're going if I give you a blowjob?" Demi questioned as Trey gathered the small bag that he had packed for both of them, grabbed Kane, and walked out to the car where Max was waiting for them.

"It's not guaranteed," Trey joked as Demi lightly punched his arm. They dropped Kane off at his mother's house then Demi watched as Max drove them to the airport.

"Has everything been okay lately?" Trey asked as Demi rested her head on his chest as the plane took off.

"Yeah. I guess I've just had a lot going on," Demi breathed out as Trey played with the ends of her hair.

"Like what, baby?"

"Just stuff. I've just been feeling a little stressed. And my period has been on and off the past few days. I made a doctor's appointment for Wednesday so I'll be fine. Don't worry about me, Trey. You have enough to worry about. I'm a grown woman," Demi chuckled as Trey kissed the top of her head.

"You know what my dad used to tell me?"

"What?"

"He said that a relationship isn't always 50/50. Sometimes one person is only able to give 10 percent so the other person has to give 90. But a relationship is always 100 percent love. I've noticed you haven't really been acting like yourself lately and that's okay. Just know I'm here for you," Trey explained, causing Demi to tear up as she turned to him.