23

When Demi woke up, it was so dark in the room that she thought it was still night time. Candles that hadn't been there last night were lit, and the smell was intoxicating. She blinked, turning on her side to grab her phone off of the nightstand. It was eleven, but the blinds were closed and Trey was nowhere to be found. And she was too tired to get up and look for him, so she set her phone down and rolled back over, closing her eyes and going back to sleep.

What woke her up the next time was the feel of tender kisses being peppered all over her face. She slowly opened her eyes and craned her neck to see Trey sitting next to her. There was a tray in front of them stacked with food. He wasn't wearing a shirt, just sweats and the chain his mother had gotten for him. Demi couldn't help but smile as he brushed her hair out of her eyes, then leaned down to kiss her cheek. The candles were still flickering in the dark room, filling it with a hazy aroma.

"Morning," Trey greeted, giving her that heart warming smile that she had missed so much. She moved so that she was closer to him, breathing out as she stretched her sore limbs and tugged the thin sheets over her naked body.

"Morning."

"I made you breakfast...or brunch," he said, causing her to fully sit up and rest against him. He dragged the tray towards them. Now that she was actually awake, she saw that the tray was filled with her favorite fruit, two crepes, a plate of beignets, and two cups of juice: cranberry for her and orange for Trey.

"Looks good," she breathed out as she curled further into him. There was nothing like being back in the arms of the man that she loved.

Trey speared a half cut strawberry and held it up to her lips. Even though she was still tired, she let him feed her, and she occasionally fed him as well until half of the food was gone. After that, she tugged the sheets up to her chin and rested her head on Trey's chest. She was content like this. She would be fine if they stayed locked in the house for the rest of the day.

"Where's Kayla?" Demi asked as Trey placed the tray on his nightstand.

"Still with her friends. She wanted to know if she needed to come back for your dinner thing or if she could spend the night again," Trey said as Demi released a deep sigh, intertwining their fingers and bringing them up to her lips.

"Tell her to stay the night again." She looked up at him through her thick black lashes, and he chuckled as he wrapped his free arm around her.

"What dinner do you have to attend tonight?" Trey asked as Demi shifted so that she was looking directly at him.

"It's our Bill of Rights dinner and they're giving me a special award..." Demi trailed off, remembering how much she had wanted to share that news with him earlier in the week.

"Do you want me to come?"

"Of course. When they told me about the award, all I wanted to do was call you and tell you about it," Demi said as she played with their fingers.

"Demi, I'm so-"

"Do you think we jumped into things too fast?"

"No. I feel like that's who we are. It's all or nothing for us and that works for us...sometimes. I really am sorry about-"

"I forgive you, Trey. You're right. We are all or nothing. And I don't want to, I just don't want to fight with you anymore. I'm all in. We can't hurt each other anymore, okay? If we're doing this, we're all in," she compromised as he nodded in agreement.

"All in."

Demi leaned up to connect their lips as she kept their hands intertwined. The intimacy and intensity of this moment caused her to softly moan into his mouth as he shifted them so that she was laying back on the pillows and he was on top of her. It was like they were trying to communicate everything that they were feeling through this one kiss and it caused her insides to shake. She had chills. It had never been like this before. Maybe it was because they were just getting over a fight, or maybe it was because their love for each other really was that strong, but Demi felt tears gather in her eyes as Trey continued to kiss her as if she meant the world to him.