7

They spent the entire weekend in the cabin, reveling in each other's presence as they reconnected in more ways than one. Demi told him all about her time in law school and how she had to take the bar twice because she had failed it the first time. Trey talked about the inspiration for his past few albums and how on each one he had a song that was for her. He wouldn't tell her which ones though. He told her that she would just have to figure it out for herself.

Monday morning brought them back to reality. Trey dropped her off at work with the promise of taking her to lunch and then picking her up again once the day was over. Everything that Monique had said about moving slow had been thrown out the window. They started off with the intentions of moving slow but nothing about their relationship had ever been slow. It had always been fast paced, passionate, and sexy. That's just the way they were, and it wasn't like they were trying to change that.

A month passed and they were still going strong. Demi tried to coax out of Trey what else he had gone through after she left, the stuff he wasn't ready to talk about yet, but he wasn't budging. They finally got around to talking about their relationships in the past seven years. Trey didn't do relationships, which was where the whole "Tremaine the Playboy" thing came from, and Demi's friends unsuccessfully tried to hook her up with a multitude of different men over the past seven years. It didn't even need to be said out loud what the problem was. Every time Trey found a new girl, he compared her to Demi. And every time Demi went on a date with a guy, she compared them to Trey. It didn't take a genius to figure out why they couldn't get into a new relationship after abruptly ending theirs.

Demi scratched the back of her left ankle using her right foot as she stood in front of the stove, attempting to make omelets for her and Trey. He was still asleep upstairs but Demi just couldn't stay asleep for some reason. Maybe it was because Trey had posted a picture of them on his Instagram last week and ever since then, they had been getting followed around like crazy.

It sounded stupid but Demi forgot that Trey was famous. To her, his fame had always been one of his major flaws, but she couldn't quite hold it against him because it wasn't his fault that he was famous. It wasn't his fault that paparazzi found his location and followed him around. It wasn't his fault that his fans walked up to their table while they were trying to eat their dinner and asked for a selfie. Sometimes it wasn't even a selfie. Sometimes they would thrust their phone in Demi's direction and ask her to take the picture.

But again it wasn't Trey's fault. In the picture he uploaded you couldn't even tell who it was. They had just been cuddling and Trey thought it would be a cute picture so he took it and uploaded it without hesitation. Then his fans and the media went crazy and they couldn't catch a break. That's why Demi had opted out of their date last night to stay in and watch movies. She knew that Trey had been irritated but he was used to having all the attention on him, she wasn't.

"I knew I smelled something good," Trey said as he walked into the kitchen without a shirt on and a gray pair of sweatpants hanging dangerously low on his hips. He placed his hand on her lower back as he kissed her cheek then glanced down into the skillet.

"But it must be you because that looks like shit," Trey chuckled as Demi shoved him off of her. Her cooking skills were mediocre at best and Trey knew that, but he always cooked breakfast for her and she wanted to return the favor. She should've just made him oatmeal.

"Thanks," she sarcastically spat as she decided to just scramble the eggs instead of trying to fuss around and make an omelet. It was all the same thing.

"So do you think we can actually go out today or are we spending another day inside?" Trey asked as he poured himself a cup of orange juice then offered her some.