25

"That one!" Monique exclaimed, pointing to the gold band tucked into the display case in the Harry Winston store.

"I don't like gold engagement rings. I think Trey will like silver better," Demi said, more to herself as she continued to look at the wedding bands.

When she had entered the shop and told the judgemental assistant that she was searching for an engagement ring for her boyfriend, she directed her to the wedding bands and explained that they didn't really advertise engagement rings for men. So now Demi was trying to find a band that Trey would like since she would have to buy him another one for their wedding...if he said yes.

"Why don't you get one with your signature on it? Like a tramp stamp, but he can take it off?" Monique suggested, causing Demi to furrow her eyebrows.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. It would be so cute. Then for the wedding you could get one with actual diamonds in it. I think Trey will like it. You know you've got him whipped," Monique giggled as Demi slowly nodded her head.

"Okay. I still don't know how I'm gonna even ask him though. What if he says no?"

"He's not gonna say no, trust me. And maybe you should like get on your knees like you're gonna give him a blow job then be like, just kidding will you marry me?" Monique suggested as Demi shook her head.

"I think we're done for the day. You can go bother Wilmer now," Demi chuckled, lightly pushing her towards the exit as she shrugged.

"Gladly. You're no fun anyway." Monique left and the shop assistant came back over. Demi showed her the band she wanted then signed her name so that they could get it engraved. It would be ready in a week. That meant Demi had a week to work up the courage to ask Trey to marry her.

"I was trying to come up with different ways to do it. I googled it a million times. I asked all of my coworkers. I asked Monique. I asked my dad. But, I guess all of that doesn't matter now since we pretty much had the same idea," Demi said as she fiddled with the blue velvet case that held Trey's ring. He was holding the one that had her ring in it and they were standing across from each other in their bedroom.

It had been a long and awkward car ride back from Disneyland. Demi really didn't know what to say to Trey because she had been thinking of the exact same thing; the only difference was she hadn't been carrying the ring around with her. It's not like he popped the question after she found the ring either. He mumbled something, took it out of her hand, and then they left the park in silence. Kayla went to her room to go to bed but they were still up, figuring out where to go from there.

"You were going to propose to me?" Trey asked as Demi nodded her head.

"I just wanted to prove to you that I was all in this time, and I thought that asking you to marry me would do that. I didn't want you to think I had any doubts or anything. And I know we haven't been back together long and we had that huge fight but...I'm ready, Trey. I'm ready whenever you are. I'm ready for our forever...together," Demi explained as she opened up the ring case, revealing the sterling silver band with her signature engraved in it. She took a breath as she lowered herself to one knee, then looked back up at Trey. Once she saw the smile on his face, a smile broke out on hers as well.

"Tremaine Aldon Neverson," Demi started, giggling at the entire situation. "Will you please do me the honor of being my husband?"

"Get up, baby," Trey said, taking her hand and helping her up, then rounding his free arm around her waist.

"I would love to marry you," he mumbled, smoothing her hair away from her face as she grinned and took the ring out of the case. She slipped it onto his finger, twisting it so that he could see her signature perfectly. Trey took her ring out of the box, a classic band covered in diamonds with a single round shaped diamond in the middle, and slipped it onto her finger as well. He wove their fingers together and pressed his forehead against hers as he held her close.