6

After what seemed like the longest week of her life, Trey was finally getting to take her out on the date that they had missed out on because of what had happened on Wednesday. He told her that she wouldn't need the dress but instead she should dress in something comfortable and pack a bag. If there was anyone who knew who how much she hated surprises, it had to be Trey. Being surprised meant being out of control and being out of control meant unwavering bouts of anxiety during the entire situation. Trey could always calm her down though, one way or the other. But she just preferred not to be surprised.

"Trey is stealing you away again?" Monique asked as she plopped down on Demi's bed and saw her contemplating what to pack. She would only be going over to Trey's for the weekend, but it was what they would be doing over the course of those two days that left her conflicted about her clothing.

"I don't know if stealing me away is the right word..." Demi said as she shifted through her underwear drawer.

"It is, trust me. He's been back in your life for what, a week? And y'all have already spent copious amounts of time together," Monique said as she relaxed back on Demi's bed, propping herself up with her elbow.

"Are you trying to get at something here?"

"Yes. And don't get mad at me for saying this, but you guys are moving entirely too fast. I know you ghosted on Trey after everything happened but I didn't, Demi. That was a very dark time in his life, and I know you guys may be trying to move past that but you're both my friends so I care about both of you. Just slow down a bit, okay?" Monique explained as carefully as she could.

Demi had the bad habit of taking things the wrong way and exploding when someone said the wrong thing to her. It was one of her many flaws that she hid extremely well.

"What do you mean a dark time?"

Demi wasn't stupid. She knew that Trey had to have gone through some type of suffering after she left him that awful note with the ring he had slipped on her finger less than 24 hours before resting on top of it. But she didn't know the extent of it because she completely cut him off. She didn't keep up with the news on him or his new music. She didn't stalk his social media. Her way of moving on was cutting the cord that connected them and she had done a pretty good job of it, even though it had left Trey in shambles.

"That's not for me to tell. But this is what I'm talking about, Demi. I know you understand that you broke his heart, but you don't know the extent of what he really went through when you abandoned him. Trey may be telling you that he's all in and he's ready for something new, but I don't think he is. Just...be careful. Be considerate," Monique said as she stood up to leave.

"And...Trey's favorite color right now is baby pink. I don't know why but he told me to tell you that," Monique shrugged as she left the room, leaving Demi to feel utterly confused and torn.

Demi wanted them to have a nice weekend but what Monique had said to her plagued her mind. A "dark time" sounded much deeper than a broken heart. Demi just wondered if she should really bring it up to Trey or just left it drift to the wayside because he said that he wanted to leave what had happened seven years ago in the past. But Demi knew that that would affect their relationship now whether they liked it or not.

About twenty minutes later, Trey picked her up in his black Range Rover, tossing her duffle to the backseat before pressing her against the door and kissing her as if he hadn't seen her in days. It had only been two days but he was basically devouring her mouth, and she had to pull away before he got anymore carried away.

"Someone missed me," she teased, trying to keep the mood lighthearted but what Monique told her was still resting on her chest. It would come spilling out of her eventually, but not now.