19

Demi was going to start putting her phone on vibrate at night. At three in the morning she received a call from an unknown number that definitely wasn't a California number, and her half asleep haze, she answered it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Demetria Lovato?" A polite woman on the other line questioned.

"This is she. Who is this?"

"This is Mary Stanfield at Detroit Mercy Police Station. I'm calling because your boyfriend, Tremaine Neverson, has been taken in on charges of resisting arrest and assault," Mary explained, instantly waking Demi up.

"What? You have to be mistaken. He had a show tonight and he was supposed to get on a plane to come home right afterwards," Demi said.

"Well, he trashed the stage at his concert tonight then assaulted a police officer backstage. The officer now has a concussion. His bail is set at 50,000 dollars," Mary said as patiently as she could.

"50,000 dollars? Who has 50,000 dollars?"

"Ms. Lovato, he already used his one phone call and that person isn't coming to bail him out. You're his last option. I'm making this call as a favor," Mary said as Demi rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure you are. I'll be there in a few hours. What happens if I don't bail him out today?"

"He's stuck in here for the holiday weekend. So I would advise that you make it here before six. Have a good day," she said before hanging up.

Demi should've let him rot in jail. She shouldn't have called his manager and asked for the checkbook to Trey's personal account or the number for his pilot. She shouldn't have shrugged into a pair of pants and boots after shaking Kayla awake. She shouldn't have boarded Trey's private jet at five in the morning to get to the police station as soon as it opened, but she still did because for some reason, she loved this fool.

It took them five hours to make it to Detroit but when they got there, Max was waiting at the airport to pick them up. He drove them straight to the police station so Demi left a sleeping Kayla in the car while she went inside to hail Trey out.

"Hi, I'm Demetria Lovato, I'm here to bail out Tremaine Neverson," Demi said to the man at the front desk as she dug Trey's checkbook out of her purse.

"You're a good one," the man said before saying something into the intercom and beginning to fill out some paperwork.

"That I am," Demi mumbled as she wrote the check for $50,000. It wasn't coming out of her account though. It was coming directly out of Trey's, and not his business account either. It was his personal account.

A few minutes later an officer brought Trey out in handcuffs, and even though anyone else would've looked relieved to see their girlfriend who just happened to be a lawyer bailing them out of jail, Trey knew that he was about to get an earful.

"He has to be back here for court in three months. If he's not, there'll be a warrant out for his arrest," the officer said as Demi nodded and passed him the check. They processed all of the paperwork before declaring that Trey was free to go. Demi walked out to the car before he could even say anything to her.

"Baby-"

"I'm not about to argue with you because I am exhausted since I had to wake up at three in the morning to board a plane and bail your stupid ass out of jail. I will talk to you when we get home," Demi said through clenched teeth.

They both climbed into the car, but Trey was surprised to see Kayla passed out in the backseat. He turned to Demi and gave her a questioning look.