Best Friends

I look through my jewelry box and pick up my favorite necklace. A black heart with green diamonds surrounding the edge and Nicole was engraved across it. I put the necklace on, letting it rest on top of my chest. I walked to Stone Circle where I was supposed to meet Robert and Luna. "Hello, Luna. Where's Robert?" I ask.

"At the quidditch field," She looks up from a Quibbler magazine.

"Why?" I ask. He wasn't into sports.

"He found out somehow that Gryffindor and Slytherin got booked to have the field at the same time." She tucks the magazine under her arm.

"He's hoping for a fight." I thought about going over there myself.

"He's hoping that they'll take their shirts off. For some reason, he believes that fighting will involve nudity." Luna tilts her head.

"I have my reason and he has his." I laugh. We walk to the quidditch stands, taking a seat next to Robert. "Any action," I ask.

"No, just yelling." He let out a disappointed sigh. I nod, watching as they yell at each other. "Come on, take your shirts off!" Robert yells. None of them seem to hear him though.

"Why don't we have a game?" Seamus challenges.

"That's a good idea," Harry smiles.

"No, we didn't even get to practice!" James yells.

"We didn't either. What are you scared of losing in front of your lady?" Seamus winks at me.

James looks over in the direction he winks, I wave to him. "You're on Potter," He pushes him.

"Why don't you bring your little girlfriend down here to throw the snitch up?" Dean points at me.

"Babe," James calls. I smile, walking down to the field. "Here, love. We want you to do the honors." He hands me the snitch.

"It means we want you to throw the snitch up in the air to start the game. Don't let it go to your head." Ron glares.

"Weasley, did you ask out your bushy-haired friend yet?" I gave him a fake smile.

"You finally stop fucking Malfoy." He snaps.

"Obviously," I gesture to James, who was now towering over Ron growling. To Ron's credit, he stood his ground, even if he was shaking a bit.

"Throw it up already. I want to get this game started." James told me. I threw the snitch up and they took to the air. I went back up to the stands, watching them play.

"They may be excused from class, but we're not." Luna walks off to potion. Robert and I went to the history of magic. I sat down next to Robert. Zacharias Smith sat on the other side of me. Robert and I did a spell to make our pens take notes.

A hand rests itself on my thigh. "I heard the rumors." I push Zach off of me.

"If you're so into gossip you would know I'm dating James," I hiss. He moves to another seat, grumbling. I went back to talking to Robert for the rest of the class.

I walked outside when we were dismissed to see James waiting for me. "Hey sexy, what's your next class?" He put his arm around me.

"What does it matter? Not like we are going to have the same class." I shrug.

"I was planning to walk you to the class." He told me.

"I hate that you're a year older than me." I pout.

"Don't make it like it's my fault?" He laughs, squeezing my face.

"Potion," I gave in.

"Let's go then, princess." He picks me up bridal style. I wrap my arms around his neck as he carries me to class. "As far as I can take you," He put me down by the door.