Confession

"Nathan meets Sophia. Sophia meets Nathan." I sat under the tree by the Black Lake where I put Nathan two weeks ago, the two small animals were sniffing and circling each other. He ran back into his hole.

"I'm sure he'll warm up to you," I told Sophia. Minutes later, Nathan came out of his hole carrying gold jewelry in his mouth. He laid them out in front of Sophia and me.

"Is this all the gold you collected Nathan?" I ask. He nods his head. He picks up a gold ring and pushes it towards Sophia.

"Oh Sophia, he's giving you something," I smile. Sophia slides the ring onto her tail.

"Crap, it's time for breakfast. Come on, Sophia." I looked at my watch. Sophia climbed into my pocket. "I'll see you later Nate." I got up. He nodded to me, before gathering his things and goes into his hole. I walked to the Great Hall and took a seat between Blaise and Draco.

"Did you hear about Kate Bell, she got cursed by some necklace?" Blaise announces as I put food on my plate.

"You would think you were a girl with the way you gossip, Zabini?" Draco rolls his eyes.

"Shut up Malfoy. You're just jealous because I'm well informed." Blaise glares as I cut my pancake.

"Do they know who did it?" I ask. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Draco tense up but I ignored it.

"No, it wasn't for her anyway. She was supposed to give it to someone else." Blaise turned to me, happy to have someone to gossip with

"She was trying to give someone a cursed necklace and end up cursing herself?" I laugh, that would be a beautiful work of karma.

"No, she was the middle man. Someone gave it to her to give to someone else." Blaise explains.

"And you don't know who these someones are?" Draco stares at him intently.

"Nope, no one knows that. They won't know until Bell wakes up." He said.

Draco grew a little smirk on his face. "Guess you're not that well informed." He got up and walked out of the Great Hall.

"He's always going somewhere lately. I wonder where..." Blaise said more to himself than me as he glared at the doors.

"You should be a detective." I tease.

"I would if my plans weren't already made." Blaise looked down at his plate. We eat our breakfasts in silence after that.

"Come on, we got to get to Defense against the Dark Arts." Blaise broke the silence. We walk to Snape's classroom. We took the seats next to Draco. The golden trio enters the room. Weasley made eye contact with me. I look the other way.

"If you three could so kindly take a seat so I can start class." Snape burns them with his eyes. They took a seat in the middle area of the class. Weasley looks over his shoulder at me with a sad face. I move my eyes down to my desk.

"Today, we are going to learn Locomotor Mortis, otherwise known as the leg locker curse. This spell locks your opponent's legs together. They will be able to hop, but walking will be impossible." Snape explains. "Get a partner from the other house and line up." Snape gave an order.

Before I knew it Weasley was standing in front of me. "Need a partner?" He looks at me hopefully.

"No, Longbottom is my partner," I said the Gryffindor's name that was in my line of vision.

"I am?" He looks at me surprised.

"Yes, you are. Come on, we got to line up." I walked to stand on one side as he stood a few feet across from me.