Scarf

"So, this is your beloved niffler." Robert watches Sophia and him play together.

"Hagrid gave him to me," I told him.

"Hey, that's my watch." He points at Nathan carrying a watch out of his burrow.

"I didn't know that he travels into the castle." I shrug my shoulders. I'm used to seeing my fellow student's things in Nathan's mouth.

"It must have been when I went swimming in the black lake." He glares at my niffler.

"You swim with your watch on?" I ask.

"No, I took it off and put it in my bag. When I looked for it the next day, it was gone. I thought it must have dropped out of my bag. Do you think he'll give it back to me?" He scans Nathan, noticing his claws and teeth.

"You can try, but his teeth are sharp." I tease.

"Get it for me!" He demands.

"Are you scared of a tiny animal?" I did a dramatic gasp.

"I'm not trying to get bitten by even a mosquito." He narrows his eyes at me.

I laugh as I call Nathan over. "Give Robert's watch back," I demand, knowing how possessive he was over his treasure. I had to throw him a stern look before he gave it back to Robert.

"He cleaned it." He looks at his watch in amazement.

"Niffler treats their treasures very well," I explain.

"In that case, he can steal it every once in a while. I normally have to pay a lot of money to get it clean like this." He slides his watch back onto his wrist. "How are you and Malfoy?" He asks. I bite my lip, not knowing how to answer that because I couldn't tell him about the vanishing cabinet. "That bad." He read my facial expression.

"I can tell that something is bothering him lately, but it's so hard to get him to open up," I explain my situation the best way I could without being too vague.

"The pureblood family is about the illusion of the perfect life. They brag, have angry rants, but never sob about their lives." He tries to make me feel better.

"Illusions are for outsiders. I'm not an outsider, I'm his girlfriend." I defend my position, though I was defending it to the wrong person.

"Have you told him that?" He asks.

"I have tried everything to get him open up to me, but he always shuts me out. Now, we are stuck in this weird awkward place, where we are both pretending everything alright. Even though we both know the other knows we are far from alright." I sigh.

"You knew what you were getting into when you agreed to be the girlfriend of a lost angry soul." He shrugs his shoulders, deciding to tell me the blunt truth since I didn't go for his other reasoning. I throw my head back into the tree making a soft thump. My hands subconsciously toying with my scarf, as I let his words sink in. What did I get myself into?

 What did I get myself into?