Christmas Spirit

I decide to stay with Draco at Hogwarts for the winter break. We were the only Slytherin who stayed. It was nice to have the whole dungeon to ourselves. At the moment, I was in Hogsmeade looking for a Christmas gift for Draco. Spintwitches Sporting Needs is where I would normally get his gift but, he wasn't on the quidditch team anymore. I thought about getting him something from there any way to show him that he could still have fun, but I didn't see that going over well. Nothing at Zonko's or Honeydukes caught my eye for him. I decided to take a break from gift shopping and went into Tomes and Scrolls to see if I could find any new books for me. When I went in I noticed a section I never paid attention to before, The Do It Yourself section. I was scanning through the shelves when I saw one of the book's spine, Magic Cabinets. I grab it to skim through the book. When I saw the words vanishing cabinet, I almost jumped for joy. I went into the fiction section and got some books for myself. I put the books on the counter by the register to pay for them.

"Getting your father a Christmas gift?" The cashier smiles at me, as she scans Magic Cabinets.

"No, it's for me." This is ridiculous, you are a woman, don't be sexist.

"Really?" She tilts her head to the side.

"Yeah, if you wait for a man you'll wait forever." I shrug.

"Well, good luck." She giggles at me like I was some little girl who still believes in Santa Claus.

"How much is it?" I was done with this conversation.

"10 Galleons, 6 sickles, and 21 Knuts," She told me. I handed over the money and took my shopping bag. I walk down the street looking at the different shops. I wanted to get Draco something that was not death eater related. I entered Dervish and Banges. They had all types of random items there. I pick up a sneakoscope but quickly put it back down. Considering that Draco was doing something untrustworthy all the time, it would be a horrible gift to give him. I picked up a penknife. I heard these could open any door and untie any knot. I held onto it, while I continued to look around. I looked at a beer mug, what was magically about it. I grabbed it and brought it over to the shopkeeper.

"Is there anything special about the mug?" I held it up to him.

"That mug keeps your beverage cold and the cup always filled." He told me.

"I'll take it and this." I put the mug and the penknife on the counter. I paid for the items and left the store. After going to the pet store to get more supplies for Sophia and Nathan, I head back to Hogwarts. I went up to my dorm to put the things for myself and my pets away. I put the gifts I got for Draco on the bed. I gift wrap them, before putting them under the Christmas tree that was in the common room. I picked up one of the gifts that Draco got for me. I shook it while holding it up to my ear.

"Christmas needs to hurry up," I grumble. I walk to the Room of Requirement to meet up with him. "Get anywhere while I was gone?" I ask. I quickly wish I didn't though when I saw him. His hair was all over the place, dark circles were under his eyes, and his pants looked like they were on backward.

"Does it look like I got anywhere?" He screams. I bite my tongue, knowing how hard of a time he was having.

"I'm sure you'll get it soon." I force a smile.

"When?" He snaps.

"I got your Christmas gift today." I decide to change the subject.

"About that, I don't know if I'm going to have time for Christmas." He turns back to the cabinet.

"No, Draco. We are having Christmas." I grab his arm, trying to turn him around. But, he wouldn't budge, so I moved in between him and the cabinet.