Adventure of A Lifetime

"Do you have everything?" I look him over. All I could see was that he owns another black suit.

"I'm going to a magic war, what more do I need?" He waves his wand around.

"Your broom or a dung bomb." I thought of useful things.

"I'll be fine." He gave me a reassuring hug.

"You sure you don't want me to walk you to the door?" I wanted to, but he was against it.

"No, they are all out there." He shook his head.

"Tell me you'll be safe," I demand.

"I'll be safe. When I come back it'll be a better world for our children." He bends over to kiss my stomach which was now bigger since I was right at nine months. "Try and wait for me." He rubs my stomach.

"I'll try." I want him to be there, but I also want them out already. "Good luck," I held back the tears, he didn't need to worry about me.

"I love you all." He stood up straight to kiss me.

"We love you too," I told him when the kiss was broken. He gave me an intense kiss that made me pull him closer as tears rolled down my cheeks for it felt like he was telling me goodbye. He pulled away and said he loved me one last time, before walking out the door. It took everything in me not to run after him. Instead, I picked up the children's book, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, and read it out loud to my twins.

 Instead, I picked up the children's book, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, and read it out loud to my twins

I woke up gasping for air as the pain in my lower stomach woke me up. I rub my stomach trying to ease the pain. As my grogginess left I became aware of the fact that my privates and legs were wet.

"Shit, my water broke. I got to get the midwife." I try to get up when a contraction rocks through me. In the mansion right now were only the house elves, a midwife, and I. The doctor went with them to the war. I let out a scream when I had another contraction.

A house-elf ran into my room. "Should I get the midwife, Mrs. Malfoy?" She asked in a quiet voice.

"Yes, please." I plead. She ran out the door. I took deep breaths as I waited. "Sorry Draco," I tear up from the pain. He wouldn't get to see the birth of his twins. In such great pain, I didn't know if I would ever want to do this again.

The door opened, the midwife named Michelle, and a few house elves came in. "Let see how much you're dilated, Mrs. Malfoy." She lifts the blanket and pulls down my panties since I was only wearing one of Draco's shirts. "You are there. I'm going to need you to move down to the edge of the bed as I showed you before." She looks up from between my legs. I nod, letting her know I understood. With her help, I move to the foot of the bed. My butt was right on the edge. I was balancing myself with my knees bent and feet on a black wooden bench that was at the end of the bed. She put a few towels down between my legs on the bench.

"I want you to go to the bathroom and get warm water ready to wash the baby." She orders a house-elf who hurries to the bathroom. "We are all set, now you need to push." She gave my knee a squeeze of encouragement. I grind my teeth as I bear through the pain, push after push. With a warrior scream, my first boy came out. She hands him over to a house-elf who took him to the bathroom.