Game Face

I ran my hands over my tight braids, checking to make sure that it wouldn't come undone in the game

I ran my hands over my tight braids, checking to make sure that it wouldn't come undone in the game. Thinking of things that could come undone, I bend over to check on my boots. "Stop that!" Blaise grabs my arm and pulls me to stand back up.

"I can't help it, I'm nervous. Do you leave your robe open or close?" I play with the string on the robe.

"There's no need to be nervous, you've been practicing more than anyone. You're going to be great, the best seeker the school has ever seen." He patted my shoulder.

"What about your robe?" I looked him over, it was open now but maybe he closed it before the game.

"I leave it open." He let out a big sigh that I didn't seem to get a word he said.

I drop the robe letting it fall to my sides. He walks away from me shaking his head. "Blaise!" I yell after him. He turns around to glare at me. "Thank you." I smile sweetly at him. He gave me a small smile back.

"The best seeker the school has ever seen, how far fetch." Nott laughs as he circles around me. Before I could comment back, James yells at him to get away from me. I stuck my tongue out at him as he retreated. James got up on one of the benches and cleared his throat.

"It's about that time guys and girl." He throws a wink my way. "We are about to beat those bookworms into the ground! They have read everything on quidditch, probably took notes on all our games, and memorize every play known to man. But, we are going to show them that quidditch isn't something to study! Quidditch is something to do and no one does it better than us!" He yells and all the boys roar in agreement. I clapped along with them. I had to admit it was a decent speech. They ran out on the field. I follow behind them, watching them bounce around in amusement. We met the other team in the middle of the field.

"You all know the rules, I want a clean game. Captains shake hands." Madam Hooch shot a look over at our team when she spoke of a clean game. Roger Davies let out a whine as James crushes his hand. "Mount your brooms and let the game begin."

We got on our brooms and flew into the air as she let out the balls. In a blink of an eye, the snitch vanished.

 In a blink of an eye, the snitch vanished