Time Capsule

The morning after the Death Eaters meeting we visited the healer who confirmed that I was pregnant. It had been four months since then, it was filled with constant changes. Draco was gone more doing Merlin knows what, leaving me in the room by myself. This mansion had no novels. All they had were Dark Art textbooks. I was so bored that I read all of them. I taught Nathan and Sophia all the tricks I could think of. To say that I had cabin fever would be an understatement.

My body was preparing itself for the baby from my breast getting fuller, to my hips getting wider, to my feet swelling up to help carry the extra weight. The most worrisome was my stomach. It shouldn't be as big as it was. That's why my plans for today were to go to the healer before going with Draco to get our marriage certificate.

"After getting married, we should go to Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade," I told him as he came out of the bathroom in a pair of slacks and a black button-down shirt.

"We can't." He busies himself with fixing his collar.

"Why can't we go shopping? I need new clothes and a few novels." I pull on the old fashion dress that I was wearing. It used to be Mrs. Malfoys when she was pregnant. I outgrow all my clothes, so now I mostly wore Draco's.

"The Dark Lord has control over the Ministry now. He's having muggle-borns, mixed-bloods, and bloody traitors arrested. At the moment there isn't a Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade." He let out an exhausted sigh. I felt bad that he and everyone else had to carry that weight around while I stayed in this room ignorant.

"I suppose wearing your clothes is comfy and no one is going to see me anyways. I could take notes this time around when I read the Dark Art books, which would help you." I gave him the biggest smile I could. I knew it was a sad attempt to make him feel better, but he showed me that he appreciated it by giving me a big smile of his own.

"Come on, let check on why my baby is growing so fast." He gave my forehead a peck. We walk out of the room and to the doctor's office. I took a seat on the cot and the doctor sat on a stool in front of me.

"Good Morning. You're here because you believe your stomach is too big?" He looks up at me after reading the clipboard.

"You don't think I'm too big?" I rub my stomach.

"It's hard to say some women carry bigger than others, but since you're here let's check." He gets up and pulls out a blackboard. A bright light came out from his wand to surround my big stomach and then he projected it to the blackboard.

"There are two of them now." Draco squinted his eyes. My jaw drops.

"There were always two. One of them must have been hiding behind the other every check-up." The doctor explains. "They're both boys." He informs us as he examines the picture. Draco pumps his fist in the air.

"Does it hurt more to have twins?" I ask.

"It won't hurt any more than having one." He smiles. I scoff, that didn't sound believable.

"Thanks for the good news. We got to go get married." Draco shook his hand before grabbing mine.

"Congratulations on the twins and the marriage." The small man whose name was never brought up smiles at us. Before I could ask, Draco pulled me away.

"Are you up for apparition?" He looks down at me. I nod my head. He grabs my arm to pull me through a tube and appears in front of the ministry since we couldn't appear in the building. We walked in to see a big statue of a witch and wizard that were dressed in fancy clothes. They were sitting on a throne made of naked people who were weak-looking with twisted faces of pain from having to support the weight of the royals. On the bottom, Magic is Mighty was carved in. I swallow the lump in my throat. The sinking feeling in my stomach told me how much this year changed me. If I saw this at the beginning of the school year, I would wholeheartedly agree. I would have fantasized about my mother and her muggle lover struggling to carry my weight. Now, it had a completely different effect on me.