High Tension

I felt like a zombie as I dragged myself to the bathroom. I spoiled myself over the break sleeping in. Now, I was suffering the consequences of having to adjust my sleep cycle to my class schedule. I throw my hair up into a messy bun, not even bothering to brush it. In a sloth-like manner, I change into my uniform. I grab my bag off my bed, before heading to the Great Hall. I sat down next to Draco and poured myself a cup of coffee.

"Don't you look like hell?" Parkinson smirks. With not enough brain cells awake to come up with a witty response, I growl baring my teeth at her. She screams, holding her hands over her heart.

"Did Greyback bite you over winter break?" Blaise laughs. Instead of responding, I drank my coffee. I was going to need the caffeine to get through the day.

"No, but I bite her a few times," Draco smirks. The boys laugh with him as Parkinson glares at me. I smile at her, knowing she couldn't do anything to me. When we first got together, she screamed and launched at me. Draco grabs her before she could touch me. She cries at the tightness of his grip. He whispers something in her ear that made her turn white. Since that day she would throw dirty looks and make sly comments, but she never made a move to harm me. Even when I would shoulder check her, she keeps moving as if I did nothing.

"That must be it then, you infected her." Blaise snickers.

"Injected is a better word for what I did to her." He winks. Blaise, Goyle, and Crabbe threw their heads back laughing. I gave him a harsh smack on the shoulder. "What, love? You have to admit that was funny." He throws one of his famous smirks my way.

"It was perverted." I snap, anger that my hit didn't harm him in any way.

"You would have laughed if you weren't so tired." He nudges me. I roll my eyes, not wanting to admit that he was right. When I was feeling better, I probably would think back to this moment and have a giggle.

"Her being tired isn't a reason for her to be nasty. Look at you, Dracey. You look exhausted and you're still chipper." She ran her foot up my leg. I could only assume that gesture was meant for Draco.

"That's my leg, you tart." I sneer.

"Oops," She pouts. I let out another growl.

"Hard-working men are used to being tired, while sweet princesses aren't." He pinches my cheek. I decided to ignore his comment and the rest of their conversion as I ate my oatmeal.

I went through the rest of the day in that drowsy state, until I went to history class

I went through the rest of the day in that drowsy state, until I went to history class. Professor Binns' boring voice was like a lullaby. I found my head hitting the table. I didn't come back into the conscious world until the sound of chairs moving and other people talking filled my ears. I curse myself for not being able to stay awake for the class since I now had a free block. I gather up my blank parchment and dry quill. I exit the room and head towards the bathroom. I was interrupted by an arm pulling me into an abandoned classroom.