Always Be There

It's been a month since I found out about the half-blood being Robert's boyfriend. A month after the fight, were nasty horrible words were said. I miss Robert, but what he said hurt me. I couldn't believe he went there. Sure, I was attacking his boyfriend, but he hit below the belt.

At the moment I was looking at myself in the mirror, double-checking that I looked perfect. The clock shows that there was half an hour before breakfast.

"I shouldn't have woken up so early." I sat next to Sophia's cage. I found myself talking to her a lot lately. She nods her head. I smile at her.

"It hurts Sophia," I confess to her. She turns her head sideways as if asking what hurts. "It hurts seeing Robert with that thing happy. It's like he isn't even affected by us not being friends." I said, not being able to find the words to explain the pain I was feeling. "Sorry, if I can't explain myself well. I'm a Slytherin, what can I say." She nods her head in understanding. "Thanks for listening. I need someone to listen to me. Draco and Blaise are boys, so talking to them wouldn't be an option." I appreciated her company. She squeaks at the door. "What's wrong?" I look to see Draco standing there.

"You could talk to me." He leans against the door frame.

"How long were you standing there?" I stood up, feeling vulnerable, and violated.

"Not long, I only heard that talking to me was not an option. I want to let you know that it is." He told me, but I was too in my emotions to care. He needs to learn boundaries, he can't come up here and spy on me. How long would he have stood there, if Sophia didn't let me know he was there?

I look at the clock. "Come on, let's go-to breakfast." I pick up my bag.

"Did you hear what I said?" He was upset that I didn't jump in his arms and declare him my knight in shining armor. A part of me couldn't blame him, because I would have in the past. We are still learning what it means to be friends with the other.

"Yes, Draco I heard you and I'll think about it." I tried to walk out the door, but he moved his body to block my way.

"What? You rather talk to the rat than me?" He hisses in my ear.

"You sound jealous." I laugh. He went from being a jealous boyfriend to a jealous friend.

"Let's go-to breakfast." I knew that was his way of admitting that he was being ridiculous. We went down the stairs entering the common room.

"Where's Blaise?" I look around. We normally meet here to walk to the Great Hall.

"I told him that I would get you. Blaise and Pansy are waiting for us at the Great Hall." He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me out of the common room.

"Why is he with Parkinson?" I scrunch up my face. I didn't want him to catch any diseases from her.

"Maybe he likes her?" He shrugs his shoulders.

"He would never." I snap not liking the idea of them together. I pulled out of his grip and began speed walking to the Great Hall.

"Who do you like?" He asks, making me stop in front of the door.

"Nobody," I turn around to face him.

"Really, that's not what I heard." He narrows his eyes at me.

"And what exactly did you hear?" I was interested to know what rumors were going around about me.

"That you liked Blaise." He stares at my face, waiting for a reaction.

"People at this school are so stupid and immature. A girl and a boy can be just friends." I shook my head. This wasn't the first time that rumor has gone around.