Chapter 9

A/N: Here's a big, fat, juicy Christian-filled chapter to make up for the anemic 'no Christian' chapter of last! LOL

I finally reread the entire 25 chapters that BrendaBites wrote! I know now remember why I wanted to take over her story! I really like it! Although I feel like it is taking forever for Ana and Christian to get together, but I guess good things come to those who wait... I'm toying with Elena and Jack pairing up... Those two rats deserve each other!! These two caustic characters will make for some good and creepy reading! Let me know what you think...

As always, thanks go out to my readers!

Also, I am so relieved not a single reader criticized the last chapter regarding the fight. I really thought that I'd have some interesting points to debate...

CH9

Ana POV

I woke up the next day feeling lighter and more energetic than I ever have. I had even beaten the alarm clock. I could have lied to myself and said I was always a morning person but the truth was that, today I'd have class with Mr. Grey. I'd have to wait all day for his class, but maybe I'd see him at lunch again.

I even considered packing my own lunch, then I could say to him, 'See, I eat,' but I knew I'd probably be too nervous to eat my food.

Instead, I got ready for school. After a couple of minutes I could hear Ray rummaging around in the kitchen. I pulled on a sweater and made my way toward the kitchen to see what he was up to.

"Ana," he greeted with a smile. "You're up. Do you want anything special for breakfast?"

I smiled back, "Morning Dad. I got it. Did you want eggs as usual or...?"

I have lived here long enough to know Ray had a fixed routine. He'd wake up, get ready, and make scrambled eggs for breakfast before going back to watch TV until it was time to leave for work. "You don't have to, I can do it-" Ray began, but I shook my head.

"I'll do it. Really, it's no problem."

Ray nodded, "Thanks, I'll start to heat up water for tea."

We worked quietly; something I loved. It was hardly quiet with my mom. Someone was always arguing, or my mom's husband was pretending to be a good guy by starting a 'happy' conversation.

Once the eggs were done, I slid them into a plate for Ray, bringing out a mug for my tea.

"Do you want a ride to school?" he offered.

I quickly shook my head, "No thanks dad, I can walk. The school is close, way closer than my last school was." My mom's husband always said it would do me some good to walk to school. "She could use the exercise..."

I could see in Ray's eyes that he seemed to want to say something else, but he kept his mouth shut.

I fixed my tea and began to drink it.

I began to daydream about Mr. Grey and how I'd be in his class later. Maybe he'd offer help on my essay...

Wait. Didn't he say he'd correct some of my stuff today? I hadn't even worked on any new things.

"Crap," I groaned, putting my tea down and nearly running to the living room. I was glad I woken up earlier. I still had about half an hour before I had to walk to school. Maybe I'll take up Ray on his offer to drive me to school.

I spotted my bag on the couch, where it was left last night, and pulled it open. The binder was gone.

"Damn it," Oh God, I'd left it at Kate's house.