Chapter 10.5

A/N: Here is a bonus chapter. We'll call it 'Chapter 10.5.' I had a long and thorough poll regarding the validity and importance of seeing the restaurant scene totally created in Christian's POV. (Well, okay; I polled myself and I agreed unanimously!) I hope that it does not disrupt the flow of the following chapter too much! Besides, we need more 'fallen robin Christian' as the last chapter was so little in his POV!

P.S.: Ana will find her assertion; I sick of her being worried about hurting Jack's feelings. (She confided in me that she wants me to say it to Jack for her! LOL)

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

CH 10.5

Christian POV

"Knock, knock," a saccharine sweet voice said playfully from the doorway when all the students were gone. Was it too fleeting to wish it was someone else calling out to me...

"Elena," I nodded and began to put away my work and shut down my computer.

"Looking handsome as always Christian," she smiled, walking towards me in her black suit. "Are you ready to head out? Some of the teachers were talking about a place nearby," she scrunched her nose up. "I doubt it'll be very good, but I've been meaning to try it."

I sighed and stood up with my stuff, "I don't care Elena. I was going to call and cancel but it got past me."

Elena raised an eyebrow, "Oh? Did something else come up?"

More like someone else. "No, no," I fixed my tie, "I just haven't felt myself lately."

Elena smiled again, "We can fix that Christian, no need for lunch formalities."

I pretended not to hear her unspoken offer. "We can have lunch Elena, but afterward I'd like to go and rest."

X x X

"Did it occur to you; you'd have to know where a place is if you were planning to eat there?" I said through gritted teeth. I had been following Elena with my car and it seemed like she was only going in circles. You'd think she'd use the damn GPS system in her car instead of all this meandering around.

"Oh Christian, we got here eventually didn't we?" She waved it away and waited for me to open the door.

I did and grudgingly walked in after her.

The place was too warm and dimly lit. There was soft lilting music playing in the background that was oddly soothing. I suspected that this was meant to be for intimacy but now it only made me want to go back home.

"It's not as bad as I thought it would be," Elena said surprisingly while ignoring the waiter who was standing right beside her.

"Table for two? The waiter asked warily. I didn't think he was accustomed to having his restaurant insulted nor was he impressed with being ignored.

Elena nodded and the boy began to stiffly lead us to the back.

I wasn't paying any attention – not so much to the surroundings, and definitely not to Elena who was making disparaging remarks about the place again, but something I heard snapped me back.

It was a tiny giggle. I recognized this giggle from class. I looked to confirm from where it came, and I just knew it then that she was near. I feel my heart doing the same tugging it always does when I am near Ana. I felt my breath catch and I was unsure what to do; I am here with Elena and all I want to do is go to her. And I know deep down that this lunch with Elena can be easily misconstrued. How can I convince Ana that this is not a date?