Chapter 17

CH17

Ana POV

As this cab pulls away I can't help rubbing my fingers along my lips. They are swollen and I can almost feel the slight moisture from our kisses. I close my eyes and remember him bolting into the room and grabbing my face as he rushed me back into the cloakroom. I swear I heard him utter 'mine' before he grabbed my face and kissed me...

I softly trail my fingers over my throat and to the hollow behind my ear. I hold my cheek for a moment and kiss my palm. I feel daring and for the first time ever I trail my fingers down to the swell of the tops of my breasts that peek above the neckline of my dress. I never knew my own secret touch could be so sensual but so illicit. It is so easy to close my eyes and fall under the fantasy that it is now he who is trailing his talented fingers slowly along my body. Chills like icy waves make their way down to my toes and my breathing hitches so I stifle it. Luckily the cabbie is listening to the radio and is not paying any interest in me aside from the occasional glance in his rear-view mirror.

The scent of Christian and linen and the lingering scents of the dance club imbues itself in my bones. Like his touches, his smell creates the most delicious memories. If only there were candles of this scent; I would surround my bathroom and soak in a tub forever.

Yes, this night is over too, too soon. The night is shedding its cloak of starry darkness and awaits to don the gossamer robes of morning. Sighing, I embrace myself and that beautiful song plays sweetly in my memory.

And here we are in Heaven

For you are mine at last...

"We're here, miss," the cabbie says as he slows in front of my house. I notice that there is a twinkle in his eye and I know that he indeed paid more attention to me during my self-ministrations. I smile—not because I am an exhibitionist, but because I do not feel any shame. I pay the cabbie and I catch the hint of a smile before he pulls away from the curb.

Ray is asleep when I get in. He was expecting me to stay with Kate. I know he will be curious tomorrow, but for now I want to get to bed. I pull the pins from my hair and rub my aching neck. This hair is too heavy kept in a chignon all day. I carefully remove the jacket and the dress and hang them on a hanger. I take the shoes and tuck them under the chair. Amazingly they were very comfortable to wear the entire evening. I may have to extend my footwear to things beyond sneakers and my worn-out Mary Janes.

I don't want to lose that feeling of joy being in his arms and swaying to the music. But sleep is calling to me as my eyes start to drift.

Sweet dreams, he wished me.

For you Christian, always...

Christian POV

"John—" I say. I am startled and at this moment his tone tells me he most likely saw Ana and I together.

Fuck.

"Christian. Quite the pleasure and the surprise to see you here this evening," he says. He is slowly coming closer – a bit too close for polite conversation. And I can tell by looking at the frustration (and is that a hint of pity?) in his eyes that I am not going to enjoy the rest of this conversation. "Care to tell me more about Anastasia and why I say you both in the cloakroom?"

Cut to the chase much? I can't think of an excuse quick enough. He tilts his head and leads us toward the same room where I just held and kissed Ana moments before. "I can explain." I recovered from the initial shock and the quick flash of shame of what I have been doing. I am at a loss with what to do with my hands. They seem to vacillate between pulling my hair or rubbing my face.