Buckbeak

Daphne, Blaise and I were on our way to Care of Magical Creatures but Blaise was having a hard time because his book kept growling and struggling. 

"Try stroking the spine." I suggested.

He stroked the spine and the book calmed down.

"Thanks, Lou. How did you know?" He asked.

"Dad told me." I said. "Ugh! It's so hot!"

"Take off your robe then." Daphne said.

I did what she said and put it in my bag. I rolled my sleeves up to my elbows and tied my hair into a ponytail.

"I thought you said it was hot?" Daphne asked.

"It is." I said.

"Then why are you still wearing your gloves?" 

"Allergies." I lied.

I've been coming up with lies lately but I still feel guilty for lying though. We reached Hagrid's Hut and saw the other students around Ha-I mean Professor Hagrid.

"C'mon now, get a move on! Got a real treat for yeh. Great lesson comin' up. Follow me." Professor Hagrid said.

We followed him deeper into the forest and he told us to open our books.

"And exactly how do we do that?" Malfoy asked.

"Ya' stroke da spine, of course." Professor Hagrid said. Clearly, Malfoy annoys him.

Professor-you know what, I'll just call him Hagrid instead. It's weird calling him Professor. Anyway, Hagrid left and when he's out of sight, I heard Malfoy say, "God, this place is going to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes."

He clearly wants attention. Harry stepped forward and said, "Shut  up, Malfoy."

Malfoy walked over to him then began to put on a scared face.

"Dementor! Dementor!" He exclaimed.

I turned around but there was no Dementor there. I turned to face Malfoy and saw that him and his gang of buffoons had their hood up and 'ooh-ed.' Even Blaise was involved.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked Blaise.

He just shrugged. I huffed and waited for Hagrid to come back. I heard someone clear his throat and saw Hagrid with a hippogriff. I finally get to see one! They're fascinating creatures!

"Say hello to Buckbeak." Hagrid said.

"Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Ron asked.

"That, Ron, is a hippogriff." He answered. "First thing you wanna know is they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may be the last thing you ever do. Now, who'd like to come and say hello?"

I was about to come forward when someone pushed me back and everyone else stepped back, except...Harry. Of course! It's always him! He looked like he doesn't even want to do it! He slowly came forward and Hagrid was giving him instructions. When Harry was coming forward, Buckbeak started to be aggressive. Harry steps back and accidentally steps on a twig. I was nervous for him because I thought that it will provoke Buckbeak more. So out of nervousness, I grabbed a hand beside me and held onto it tightly. I didn't know who it was but I think it was Blaise because his hand tightened. Buckbeak then bowed back to Harry and the others clapped. I let go of his hand and was about to apologise when I saw it was Malfoy beside me.

"Were you the one holding my hand?" I asked him.

Instead of answering, he just smirked. I huffed, crossed my arms and just continued watching Harry. Hagrid then put Harry on Buckbeak's back and Buckbeak flew away. It looks like fun! Damn! I wish I was Harry! A minute later, Harry came back. I felt someone shoving me aside and saw Malfoy coming up to Buckbeak. He's an idiot! Everyone knows not to provoke creatures like Buckbeak! 

"You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute-" Before he could finish his sentenced, Buckbeak attacked him and scratched his arm. He fell on the ground and kept mumbling 'It's killed me.' He's such a drama QUEEN!

"Ha-Professor Hagrid, he's got to be taken to a hospital." I said.

He nodded and said, "I'm the teacher. I'll do it."

"You're gonna regret this." Malfoy muttered.

Hagrid picked up Malfoy and said, "Class dismissed."

He carried Malfoy to the Hospital Wing, while the rest of us went to our next class. 

That night...

During the feast, Malfoy kept getting sympathy because of his ARM. His SCRATCHED ARM! How pathetic is that?

"They're so pathetic." Daphne said, referring to the people surrounding Malfoy.

"I know right? It's just a scratched arm!" I exclaimed.

"I know! They're really making a big deal out of this." Daphne said.

"How are you even friends with him?" I asked Blaise. He just shrugged.

Then I heard Finnigan shout, "He's been sighted! He's been sighted!"

"Who are they talking about?" I asked.

"Probably Sirius Black." Blaise replied.

Then a newspaper was thrown at me.

"Hey! Who did that?!" I shouted.

Everybody shook their heads but I heard Malfoy and his gang laughing. I was about to throw the paper back at him, when something caught my eye.

"He's in Dufftown?!" I exclaimed.

"Who is?" Daphne asked.

"Sirius Black. Dufftown isn't far from here." I explained.

"Don't worry. Dementors are surrounding the place so he can't get in." Blaise said.

"We don't know that." I said.

"Calm down. He's not after you." Daphne said.

"I'm not worried for me. I'm just worried about his possible victim here in Hogwarts." I said, while looking at Harry.

After the feast, I went to bed but still worried about the whole Sirius Black thing. After 2 hours, I finally got some sleep.