The Truth

I changed into warmer clothes, which consisted of a black coat, cashmere sweater, my gloves and a beanie. After changing, I went on my way. On my way to the person who could give me answers; Dumbledore. I stood before the gargoyle and muttered, "Sherbet Lemon." 

The gargoyle stepped aside and the staircase came into view. I climbed the staircase and came upon Dumbledore's office door. I knocked on it and entered. The office was still the same as when I came here in my first year to beg for my own room. I smiled at the memory but someone clearing their throat snapped me out of my thoughts. There stood Dumbledore by his desk with a curious look on his face. 

"What can I help you with, Louisa?" He asked.

"Professor, something weird happened to me today." I said.

He gave me a look, signaling me to continue. 

"I was with my friends in Honeydukes and we were just eating peacefully. I was wearing Blaise's hoodie so it covered parts of my face. So, yeah! We were eating and then Malfoy came. He shouted 'Potter' and everyone knows that he always taunts Harry. But this is the weird part; I thought Harry was there too. So, I just ignored it. But then, Malfoy shoved me and called me Potter. He also told me that I looked like Harry Potter. And in 1st year, during my sorting, the sorting hat called me Potter. Professor, I need an explanation and I know you know why. Please, Professor." I begged.

According to his facial expression, he was beyond shock. I think he was also nervous. He cleared his throat then said, "Perhaps...it is time for you to know the truth. But first, I need Professor Lupin and Harry to be here."

As,if on cue, Dad and Harry walked in the room. Harry looked like he had been crying and Dad looked nervous.

"Albus, why did you call us?" Dad asked.

"Remus, I think it's time to tell them." Professor Dumbledore said.

Dad was sweating. He looked at me with guilt and worry. He nervously nodded and said, "I see. But I think it's not my position to tell them." 

Professor Dumbledore nodded. He took a never sigh and began, "12 years ago, the day Lily and James Potter were murdered, you, Harry, weren't the only one who survived in that house. There was another baby besides you."

I think I know where this is going but I'm to scared to admit it.

"You, Louisa, were the other baby who survived the attack. That is why you got your scar. That is why the sorting hat called you Potter. That is why you look like Harry. Louisa, you aren't a Lupin but a Potter. Louisa Rose Potter, Harry Potter's twin sister." He continued.

"WHAT?!" Me and Harry shouted in unison.

SISTER?! I THOUGHT HE MEANT COUSIN!! And Dad or Uncle Remus? Whatever you call him! was his uncle and I'm truly Remus Lupin's daughter! That was totally unexpected!! WHY DIDN'T HE SAY COUSIN INSTEAD?! 

"I'm sorry for keeping your true identity from you, Louisa. You weren't suppose to know the truth this way." Dad...? Uncle Remus...? Ugh! Whatever! Just...Uncle Remus said.

"I can't believe you. Why would you keep something like this from me?!" I shouted.

"It was for your protection, dear. We didn't mean to keep it from you but it had to be done." Professor Dumbledore said.

"Wait! If she's my sister, then how is she related to Professor Lupin?" Harry butted in. I completely forgot he was here.

"I'm her godfather." Da-Uncle Remus said.

GODFATHER?! REALLY?! HOW MANY MORE SURPRISES WILL THEY GIVE ME BEFORE I FAINT?! 

"G-godfather?!" I exclaimed. "What else are you keeping from me?!"

No one answered. Silence took over us. It was so silent that you could hear a pin drop. I was breathing heavily and tears fell down my eyes like a water fall. 

"I know this is hard for you right now. I will give you sometime alone. Give you time to let everything sink in. Both of you." Professor Dumbledore said.

I looked at Harry to see his face was red and a few tears was escaping his eyes. Why was he crying? I should be the only one crying here 'cause I was just told that I'm a Potter, the girl-who-lived, daughter of Lily and James Potter and Goddaughter of Remus Lupin. 

"I'll take you back to your room." Uncle Remus said.

"No. I want to be alone. Please." I muttered.

Before anyone could say anything, I ran out of the office and went to the only place I could clearly think.