Quidditch Accident

Yesterday, I couldn't find dad anywhere. I searched for him in every inch of the castle but nothing! Anyway, today's Quidditch game was Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff. I don't how they could allow a Quidditch game considering the fact that it was raining cats and dogs outside. I hope Gryffindor wins though. I was never fans of Hufflepuff ever since one Hufflepuff 'accidentally' tripped me in the hallway last year.

"Are you ready yet?" Daphne shouted from outside the door.

"Hold on." I replied.

I adjusted my sweater and grabbed my raincoat. I left my room and went to the Quidditch pitch together with Daphne and Blaise. We barely made it to the benches since we were being blown away by the harsh wind. A few minutes later, the game started. Ravenclaw and Gryffindor were cheering for Gryffindor, while Hufflepuff and only Hufflepuff were cheering for their team. Slytherin's were shouting Merlin knows what, while I'm, mentally, cheering for Gryffindor.

The two teams were doing great until Angelina Johnson's broom got burnt by lightning and my brother was falling from the sky! I didn't know what to do. I can't just jump down there and save him. I'll die before I can even catch him. Even the Slytherins were panicking. But the next thing I knew, Harry's decent got slower. I didn't stay and see who caught him, I immediately went to the hospital wing without being seen.

When I got there, a few Gryffindor's were surrounding an unconscious Harry. I didn't want to intrude so I went to the dad's room.

'I'll just visit him later.' I thought. When I entered dad's room, he was sitting on his bed, looking at an old photograph. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He looked up and as soon as he saw me, shoved the picture under his pillow and stood up.

"What can I do for you, Lou?" he asked.

"I wanted to ask you something." He gestured me to go on and I continued, "Professor Snape substituted your class yesterday and said that you were incapable of teaching. But it was impossible because it was just your transformation and you were always back the next day. So what happened to you, dad?"

"Oh! I...um...I visited an old friend of mine. I forgot to tell someone." he lied. He was obviously lying. I decided to let it go though. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to talk about it.

I nodded and said, "Okay. I'll just...um...go back to the common room."

"Alright." He muttered. I closed the door and went to the common room. I can't visit Harry yet, sadly. I arrived at the portrait of Salazar Slytherin and said the password. He looked at me in disgust before letting me in. I don't care anyway, he always does that. As soon as I entered the common room, I was tackled to the floor by Daphne.

"Lou! We've been looking everywhere for you! We thought the dementors got you!" Daphne exclaimed.

"G-get o-off m-me p-please!" I tried to say. Daphne may be slim but she's really heavy.

"Oh, sorry!"

She help me up and led me to the couch. She explained to me how the dementors were the reason Harry fell and they, her and Blaise, thought that I came across one and got me or something.

"I'm fine, Dee. I came across no dementors. I just visited my dad." I explained.

"Well, that's bad news." a really familiar, irritating, tempting to murder the person whose voice belongs to butted in.

"Oh shut it, Malfoy. What's bad news is you still being here, alive and well when you could've been struck by lightning and gotten the dementors kiss." I shot back. "But not all dreams come true, do they?"

He glared at me and his fist tightened into a ball. It's obvious I made him furious but would he actually hit a girl? Ha! I want to see him try.

"Tempted to hit me, Malfoy? Go on, do it. I'd like to see you try to hit a girl." I taunted.

"Lou, don't." Daphne tried to stop me but I stepped closer to Malfoy. Blaise, who was behind Malfoy, tried to pull him back but Malfoy just shrugged him off. Malfoy stepped forward, his fist raised. I closed my eyes and waited for an impact or something but after what felt like minutes, nothing. I opened my eyes and saw Malfoy shaking.

"Coward." I muttered.

I was about to walk away when he did the most unexpected thing I've ever encountered in my whole life. It wasn't a punch. It wasn't an insult. But it was a kiss. He kissed me.

The boy who always bullied me was actually kissing me.

I didn't know what to do. This was my first kiss, and with an enemy no less. I froze as his arms made their way around my waist pulling me closer. He tried to get me to respond, tightening his arms around me while I stood there like a lifeless mannequin. When he was about to pull away, I did something that surprised the both of us.

I closed my eyes, wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed him back. Yes. I kissed my enemy. I wasn't sure if this was just because of my hormones or something else but I didn't care about it right now. This kiss, my first kiss, gave me the best feeling. It felt like I had a swarm of pixies in my stomach but instead of vomiting them out, I kept them in as if they were giving my insides those warm feelings.

After we pulled away, I felt heat rise  to my face as I looked into Malfoy's eyes. They had an emotion that I cannot seem to decipher. I decided to look away from them and tried to find Daphne and Blaise. I guess they left, not wanting to be caught in the middle of this drama.

I felt someone touch my chin, making me look at those grey eyes.

"Louisa I-" he started. I cut him off by pushing him and running to my room.

I took off my gloves angrily and dropped them on the floor as I dropped myself on my bed. Wrapping my arms around myself, I cried as I unintentionally froze some parts of my room.

I was so confused! Last time I checked, he was an enemy, not a lover. Why would he do that? Why did he make me feel this way? Why am I so affected?

Questions brought by confusion clouded my mind as I cried myself to sleep.