Chapter 1

"Did you miss me? I missed you. Very much."

"M-Mark?"

"I've been waiting a long time to see you again," he cooed.

"Mark, what's wrong with you?"

"I've been pushed aside...replaced...mocked."

What is wrong with my Mark?

"And then, he had the gall to not invite me to his little adventures with you."

"Mark! What is wrong with you? Please just-"

"No more," he says aggressively, "I've been waiting patiently. He promised he would let me in!" he pauses. "I am tired of giving people a choice," he growls, "But I suppose I have to give you one last option."

This is not my Mark. My Mark would never threaten me. My Mark is gentle, with a voice of silk.

"Take your pick. Anything of four choices, more than he could have given you. And let's see how far down this rabbit hole really-"

"Stop!" I blurt furiously, "Mark, what is wrong with you? This isn't you! This isn't the Mark I know!"

I pause and wait for his reaction.

"I. Said. Choose."

"Choose what?"

What the hell is wrong with you?"

He takes a step closer, our bodies inches from each other.

"Fine," he snarls, "if you don't choose, I will choose for you."

He grabs my hand. I can't help but notice how soft his hand is, and how tenderly he holds mine.

Just as my body starts to relax, Mark grabs my collar.

"You bastard. You will learn to obey me, and do as I say," he snarls, holding my small figure against a wall. He drops me, letting me slide down the wall. Then, he presses his figure against mine. His warmth heats me, and I can feel his muscles ripple as his hand connects with my face. The sting of pain jolts me backwards. I fall to the ground, my vision becoming more and more blurry. As my sights go black, I can hear Mark laughing above me.