Chapter 2

I wake with a jolt. I stand up, only to fall back down on the ground. Looking around, all I see is a blur of colors, and a figure walking towards me.

"Fuck off," I shout , my voice quavering.

"Jack?" I know that voice.

"Mark, what the hell? Why did you slap me?"

"Jack?" he says getting on his knees (my vision restored), "What are you talking about?"

I glance up at Mark, his bright red hair ruffled and I know he isn't messing with me...but then...

"I-I don't know," I stammer as Mark helps me to my feet, "you...you pinned me to the wall and...you slapped m-me and-"

"Jack? What are you talking about?"

"I d-don't know," I said looking him in the eyes, "M-Mark, you hurt me."

When I said those words, those four measly words, Mark lost it.

"Oh, Seanie," he stammered, "tell me everything."

I tell him everything I saw. Every little detail I remember. Throughout the whole thing he holds my hand, but this time it felt different. He held my hand tenderly, instead of using it to hold me down.

"Then I woke up and..." I trail off.

He paused, searching my face for emotion. Then, slowly, he spoke, "Jack, are you feeling okay?"

"W-Why?"

"Because," he started cautiously, "You've been in here the whole time...alone."