Chapter 6

The next morning I wake up to feel Mark pressed up against my back. Not wanting to wake him up, I shift slightly and try to fall back to sleep. But, instead, my mind starts to wander.

Why am I suddenly seeing this random guy? Why does he resemble Mark so much? How do get him to go away?

I had so many questions, and so few answers. It bothered me, made me feel like I am losing control. But, another part of me thought maybe I'm not losing control. Maybe Mark is just playing a cruel joke.

Don't be stupid, my mind snaps, Mark would never do that to you.

A pair of soft lips is what stopped my thoughts. Mark was kissing the back of my ear. He rubs his hand down my side. A small moan escapes my mouth. I reach behind me to hold his face.

"I love you Mark," I say.

"What about me babe?"

I freeze, a hand still sits on my hip.

"I think," he sneers, "You meant to say Dark."

I hop out of my bed and spun around towards the voice. And there he was, lying down. Mark was gone.

"What did you do with Mark?" I demand.

"What do you mean?" he mocks, "I am Mark."

"Bullshit. Mark would never hurt me. He loves me."

He laughs darkly, "I'm not the one hurting you."

"Why don't you leave us the hell alone?"

"Sean," he starts, "you obviously don't get it. I'm not bothering Mark. Youve been the only one to see me."

I look at him, trying to find some expression other than sheer mock. I also notice that he was wearing the exact same pyjamas Mark was wearing. His hair, his body, everything was the same. It was only the little things that were different. The things you would notice only if you knew Mark well.

This version of Mark held himself differently. He made himself tall and tense, unlike Mark who relaxed himself around others. Also, Mark has this...presence, almost like a vibe. My Mark has a cheerful, welcoming vibe. This...man, his presence makes you feel diminished, under him.

"Where's Mark?" I demand again.

"Why do you care?" he sneers.

"Because you can't just show up and ruin my life! Now where the hell is Mark?"

"I am Mark," he growls, "Now, listen to me. I will leave you alone. For now. I will be back. But, don't tell anyone about me. If you do, there will be hell to pay."

Dark fades away, haunting me with a menacing laugh.