o n e

Through the tears in his eyes, all that was visible to Jimin was Seoul's breathtaking skyline. Jimin thought that the only beautiful thing that came with his job was the skylines he saw each night. Jimin's mind went back to reality as he wiped the tears from his eyes and tightened his grip on the stranger's thighs. He slowly made his way down the body of his client until he sat completely on his client's lap.

"That'll be two grand, pay up big boy," Jimin whispered. He quickly stood up from his client's lap and went to retrieve his clothing.

"Before I pay you, would you mind going the extra mile if I doubled the amount? It'll be one of the best nights you've ever had, I can guarantee it."

Jimin didn't look up right away. He knew that if he looked up, the customer would get the idea that he was willing to sleep with him, so he took his time pulling up his jeans before looking up at his client with a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Look, I only dance not do private shows in the bedroom. I don't care if you triple or quadruple the price, I don't sleep with clients, and I will make no exception for you."

Jimin bends down to grab his shirt but then freezes when he feels hands trying to make their way inside his jeans. Immediately, Jimin turns around and punches the man, making him fall to the ground.

"I told you I don't sleep with clients, now pay up asshole," Jimin says as he quickly grabs his shirt and pulls it over his head. The man on the floor grabs his jaw with one hand and uses the other to give Jimin his money. Without looking down at his client, Jimin takes the money and makes his way to the door.

The door opens before Jimin could reach it and in comes in a woman with a small child at her side. Jimin's heart dropped when he saw the smile on the child's face fade as well as the smile on the woman's face.

"I'm so sorry," Jimin said, too afraid to look at the woman in the eyes. The woman used one finger to lift Jimin's gaze off the floor and up at her revealing tears in her eyes.

"It's okay," the woman whispered. "I know this is what you have to do." She smiled at Jimin, but his eyes began to fill with tears. The woman shook her head no and wiped the tears from Jimin's eyes.

"Don't cry, please. I just want to thank you for giving us a valid reason to leave this piece of shit," the woman says smiling down at her daughter. "Go get your things, sweetie; we're leaving." The little girl nodded and ran up the stairs of the apartment.

The woman let go of Jimin and handed him another thousand dollars. "No ma'am, I can't accept this I-"

"Take it. He's hurt my daughter and me way too much already; this is just a portion of what I wish to pay you for doing this."

Jimin looked down at the stack of money and then up at the woman's eyes to see if they looked deceiving, but all he saw was pure happiness, so Jimin smiled timidly and took the money from the woman's hand.

"Thank you so much, and I'm sorry for the trouble I have caused." The woman shook her head and then smiled at him. She mouthed 'thank you' before closing the door, leaving Jimin paralyzed in front of the door listening to the loud screams and broken pieces of glass that could be heard from the other side of the door.

Jimin fell to the floor and started crying. Words could not describe how much he hated this job. He hated dirty men touching him while they had wives and children, he hated being so exposed in front of people whom he didn't know, but it was the only way he could get by while trying to go to school and trying to pursue his singing career.

Just as Jimin was about to curl into a ball to cry, his cell phone rang. He wiped the tears from his eyes and reached into his pocket getting his phone and realizing it's Taehyung.