e i g h t

Jimin sighed as he looked out the window and saw the lights the buildings provided move past him. Drops of rain hit the window causing the lights to seem more exaggerated than they actually are.

"Why did I choose to become a stripper," Jimin sighed. Taehyung patted his knee which made Jimin turn around to face him.

"Jimin, it's okay. Remember you needed the job in the beginning so this is-"

"I know I needed the money Tae, but why do I keep doing it now? I earned enough money to last me a long time. I could go to college, get a decent ass education and make money the right way, not dancing in front of strangers practically naked while they drool all over me."

Jimin ran his hands through his pink hair, pulling some strands of it to calm himself down. He didn't know why he kept selling his body for money, it wasn't necessary anymore. Before, Jimin had to support his family, his little brother and mom after his dad abandoned them.

After his father had left, his mom was left completely heartbroken and fell into major depression. Seeing his mom that way broke Jimin's heart but he was sixteen, he didn't know what to do. Jimin was too young and inexperienced to actually get a job that could feed him, his brother and his mom, so when he saw an appealing advertisement in the newspaper that promised to pay a lot of money, Jimin had to check it out.

He still remembered the moment he walked into the strip club like it was yesterday. Men with built bodies swinging around the pole as other men watched them in awe and a little drool spilling from their mouths. The smell of sex, cigarettes, and alcohol penetrating Jimin's nostrils as he walked through the land of perdition up until the sixteen-year-old went to the bar where he looked out of place since he was still a child.

Jimin remembers how his ex-boss came out of his office, a big guy with chest hair and a red velvet shirt with black dress pants and a cigarette in his mouth. That man was the cliché strip club owner except he was actually real and Jimin had to work for him.

Shivers went down Jimin's back as he remembered the horrible three months he spent at Daddy's Darlings. It was a pathetic name, but that's where he worked. Throughout those months, dirty old men who cheated on their partners every day, came in to see the new "piece of meat."

Back then, Jimin was a small framed boy with some abs and biceps showing but nothing as impressive as the others who worked there. He guessed that's why people liked him so much, because of the innocence that oozed out of him. The sixteen-year-old boy was out of place from the rest, he was small framed, had chubby cheeks, and young, that's why he gained so much attention. Men doubled, tripled and even quadrupled the price to get a night with Jimin and as much as Jimin's boss begged him to do it, he wouldn't. Then one night, a client went too far with Jimin making him quit on the spot.

"Hey Tae," Jimin asked as he huffed warm air onto the window making it fog up and then drawing a heart when a broken line in the middle.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember when one of my clients, back when I first started, tried to rape me." Jimin's relaxed way of saying what happened to him broke Taehyung's heart and as much as he hated to remember that time, more importantly, that day, he still remembered each and every moment of it.

"Y-yeah, I remember," Taehyung stuttered at the memory of that horrible night.

"Remember how I was screaming for help, my face pinned to the brick wall while he was giving me a hickey on my neck. Remember how nasty it was? How after he pulled my pants down and tried to insert himself into me and then you came along to save me?"

Jimin felt the car make a sudden stop, making him look out to the windshield for the first time since they got in the car. Taehyung was waiting for the light to turn red but the only thing red was his face.